Monday, February 22, 2010

Random thoughts and such

Just some random thoughts, questions, and musings from this past week. I know I am missing a few but these are the ones I could remember quickly...now off to start some laundry while Kenley sleeps.
  • If I were to give Kenley and "Indian" name it may have to be CRIES WHEN POOPS (for the most part)
  • My new Indian name should be "gets to eat last" or "eat with one hand you must"
  • Why don't they make baby beds heated like the one they lay (lie?) them in right after they are born? Nothing is worse then putting a warm baby to bed in a cold bed and having them wake up instantly as a result.
  • I have another new game of "Get that boogie." It works like "Name that tune." I assess the blockage and then tell Kenley how many sucks I need with the nasal aspirator. You know like, 'Kenley, I can get that boogie in 3 sucks." To which I like to think she answers, "Mommy, get that boogie!" but really she doesn't. She just cries. However I hold up my end and I don't exceed my promised attempts.
  • How much sleep is enough for a 2 month old? Too much? Kenley has her days where she seems to be awake all day and then her days she just sleeps away. No consistency and no routine yet. I just wonder if she gets enough sleep.
  • There always seem to be enough kitchen cabinets until you have a baby and nowhere to put the bottles...hmmm....
  • Will I ever get her letters done? They are painted and the decorations cut but no time to glue... I made a goal to do one letter a night this week. It's day 3 and I still sit at 0.
  • Moms should come with three or four hands.
  • I'm a natural born picker and the cradle cap is driving me nuts!! I pick at it sometimes to get the flakes off when she is asleep and she doesn't seem to mind. (I'll probably get in trouble for admitting this since Clay reads the blog now and he is NOT a picker.)

4 comments:

Megan said...

Use the cradle cap shampoo stuff....Will had it bad and I had to use that, because I too am a picker!! Went away really fast!

Shauna said...

Use a soft bristle toothbrush on her head during the bath (after the water has softened it for a minute or two). Just be very gentle and move in small circles.

Sherri said...

I, too, am a picker, Kim! Love reading your blog and keeping up with your little family.

Kimberly said...

I love the Indian names! :)