Today I celebrated my first Mother's Day as a mother. Kenley woke up at the regular time (around 7am) and we had some snuggles after she ate. Then I curled back up in bed for another half hour before we all got up and had cinnamon rolls. After breakfast, Clay and Kenley gave me my gift(s). And although she looks really surprised in this picture, it was super cute to have her bring me the box.
Yes it is a jewelry box. Kenley gave me earrings for Mother's Day. They are Blue Topaz which happens to be the birthstone for December and therefore Kenley's birthstone. I love them! They are bigger than I'm used to wearing but they are just PERFECT. Thanks Kenley!! Clay also got me a gift for my 1st Mother's Day. I get to either go to the spa for a massage or facial or go get a mani/pedi. Given it is summertime, I will most likely opt for the pedi but we will see.
After breakfast we all go up and dressed for the day. We invited all the grandparents up to spend the day with us so that we could celebrate Mother's Day with our wonderful Grandmas (and our wonderful Grandpa too.) I decided we needed lots of pictures...
Here is a picture of just Kenley and me (is that the right way to say it??)
Then more pictures with the grandmas...
We had a little cookout for lunch featuring burgers, hot dogs, beans, pasta salad, and chips & dip. YUM! After lunch we all took a walk in the wonderful sunny afternoon. Kenley enjoyed it and even rode in the stroller like a big girl without the carrier. She loved it!
and she rocked the super cute hat we got from "Tizzy Dee on Etsy" (Check it out if you haven't. Courtney makes very creative and fun hats, accessories, and such!!!)
After the walk, we all had some banana cake for dessert and then Daddy and Grandpa put up new lights on the house while Kenley ate some cold carrots and warm cereal. Weird combo but she enjoyed it and ate like a big girl!!! Shortly after Kenley's dinner, everyone left to head home and Kenley headed to bed. It was a fast but very enjoyable Mother's Day. I am blessed to have such a wonderful little girl and I can not put into words how deeply I love her and can't imagine a single moment without her. Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms that read this blog. Hope you all had wonderful days too!!!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a wonderful way to spend your first mother's day! Kenley is just so cute with that little hat. And I love the proud grandmas, I knwo that feeling.
Glad you had such a great day.
Post a Comment