Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Full of firsts, fun, and photos!

This past weekend was full of many "firsts" for our sweet Kenley and a lot of FUN for all ;o)

The weekend started on Friday. I ended up taking the day off since the babysitter took the day off. Kenley and I had a nice morning and then had plans to go over to Tori's for lunch with her, the girls, and baby Hudson. We hadn't seen that bunch since I came back to work and our visit was long over due. We picked up some La Gondola torpedoes and cookies and headed to their neck of the woods. We enjoyed some playtime on the floor with the girls. They must have brought down every single toy Hudson had upstairs to show Baby Kenley.
We also had two photogs (sp?) on the loose as both Avery and Lyla loved taking pictures. I had lots of pictures of feet, double chins, or heads cut off, but I also had some good shots documenting the fun we had. 


Then Saturday we embarked on our very first ROAD TRIP. How exciting! I must admit I was a bit of a nervous wreck wondering if I remembered to pack everything and stressed about how she would do in the car for so long. We were off to Omaha, NE to a wedding. It was going to be a big weekend!
Here is a picture as we headed out Saturday morning...

We were on the road by 745am which I think is pretty impressive. We were aiming for 8am so did great to get out of the house on time. Kenley was just simply AWESOME in the car. She would look around, play, or talk with us. Then she would nap and eat. After that it was simply a cycle to repeat it all again.
We arrived in Omaha around 330ish and got checked into the hotel. Shortly thereafter it was time for Kenley to meet cousin Sophia and Uncle Scott for the first time ;o) Yea!! Uncle Scott was dropping her off so that he and Aunt Val could go to the rehearsal dinner. Aunt Val was already at rehearsal so we had to wait longer to meet her. However, Sophia and Kenley were like two peas in a pod (This pea reference is for Aunt Val and Grandpa Brockman!). They checked each other out and Sophia chatted with Kenley. Kenley just took it all in at first.
 Eventually, the girls played a little round of footsie.
 Saturday night was the first night trying to sleep in the pack-n-play and we didn't know how it would go, but again our little rock star did great. No problems going to bed or staying asleep in the new bed for the night. Way to go Kenley!!

Sunday brought more firsts. We got to meet Aunt Val. She came over while Kenley was cuddling in bed with Clay to wake up. Then after breakfast (where Grandpa was on double duty at one point), we went swimming for the first time.
Here is Grandpa and his girls...

Here we are getting ready to dive in at the pool...
Video of us swimming to come soon ;o)

And here we are all tuckered out after the swim with Aunt Val, Uncle Scott, and Sophia...
We then took a nap and prepared for our first trip to a wedding. We chose a very cute dress and had a super cute hair accessory thanks to a gift from Aunt Val. I chewed on my rings and drooled quite a bit but mommy still thought I looked cute ;o)
We did great at the wedding but about 7pm at the reception, we were ready to call it a night. I ended up taking her back up to the room (one great reason to stay at the hotel where the reception is being held). Clay brought me up some dinner and Kenley watched a little baseball while we ate. Oh and she chewed on the dress (since she didn't have enough slober on it yet!)
Shortly thereafter, Miss Kenley was successfully in bed for the night. Monday was another day in the car,  but again she did great and repeated the play, eat, sleep routine beautifully. She is definitely a good little traveler!!

I must add that I'm quite happy with my packing job. The only thing(s) I wished I would have packed and didn't were the baby monitor (so I could have been in the room next door) and some extra bibs (even though I took like 6). I did learn a few things about traveling with a kid too. They require A LOT of stuff and if you are nursing, the bathroom also becomes the kitchen for washing all of your pump stuff. Plus there really isn't anywhere good to throw out dirty diapers (luckily we only had pee ones). 

All in all a very successful and FUN weekend. Hope you enjoyed the pictures. I think this is the most I have ever added to a post. Now off to go work on the video ;o)

1 comment:

Sherri said...

So glad you had a great trip. I love how close the cousins are and just think, how close they will be grwoing up together! Now you are ready for road trip up to WI