Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day weekend

We had a very nice but rather quick Memorial Day weekend. Friday, Clay's folks came up to watch Kenley as the sitter had the day off.  They had a great time together Friday morning but as Kenley didn't take a nap our plans to go out to lunch at Olive Garden had to be changed to Olive Garden to go. Kenley took the longest nap she has ever taken for us and slept from about 1240 until AFTER 3pm. It was awesome!!
I recently got some pics from my MIL's camera and I assume this one was taken that morning as Kenley was "reading" to her friends. HOW CUTE!!!

We also went out to the house on Friday as we heard they were pouring concrete. We couldn't get into the house but we liked the way the driveway and patio turned out.
 We headed back Saturday to measure for our new furniture and found the furnace was on and running constantly. It was 94 degrees in there and HOT HOT HOT!!!! Clay thinks it was to dry the tile since they were working on the master shower. I thought it was to dry the paint on the trim but either way I couldn't stay there long. Too hot for this lady!!!

Sunday we really laid low. Made a trip to the grocery store and did whatever to fill the day. It was a nice lazy day.

Monday brought our big plans and we packed up early and headed south to the campground to visit Grandma and Grandpa B. Grandma and Grandpa C were going to join us and so were some of Grandma and Grandpa B's friends.  Grandpa had Kenley's kiddie pool ready for her and the water was warm. Kenley liked it but insisted I get in with her and swim. We were in it a few different times.



We also took a few golf cart rides and Kenley really enjoyed them. She sat in the front between Clay and I instead of on my lap and she even tried to help steer. I'm sure she will continue to love the golf cart rides the rest of the summer.
 We all had a very nice lunch and a nice time visiting. Clay and I ended up staying for dinner so we gave Kenley a bath there and headed home in PJs. She was one tired buy happy girl!! It was a great day and I'm so happy we could spend it hanging out with family and friends.  Wish every weekend was a nice 3 1/2 day weekend! Oh life would be grand ;o)

No comments: