Seems like haven't been on here lately. Actually haven't been on the computer much lately really or at least for any substantial amount of time. Maybe a minute or two here and there to stalk Facebook or check email but nothing where I sit and type.
I know I promised more to Chase's story but the hospital stay was rather uneventful. I'll start with coming home. Oh what a great feeling to come home. I was immediately greeted at the door with a big hug and kiss from Kenley and then I heard something that melted my heart. Clay was coming in behind me and carrying chase when she let out the most excited squeal I had ever heard and a big "CHASE!" She was excited her baby brother was home and immediately wanted to stay by his side.
To say she is smitten is a big understatement. Her daily excitement to see him, hold him, and help is amazing. She wants to see him and hold him immediately when she gets home and comes running into the house to figure out where he is and what he is doing.
Regardless of whether he is awake or asleep, she looks at him and says, "He's awake!" and smiles from ear to ear. She wants to smother him in kisses and hugs and he seems to tolerate big sister's noise (as well as her poking and prodding) quite well.
Not to jinx it or anything but the whole thing seems "easier" this time around. Maybe it's because we lived thru it once already and know that the sleep deprived nights don't last long or maybe it's just because we have a better idea of what to expect and how it all works. Don't get me wrong, I still worry a lot. I check on him frequently as I don't remember Kenley sleeping as much as this little guy does. I worry he's not eating enough, he's not pooping enough, etc. I know I shouldn't worry but it's so hard (esp with all of the nursing stuff.)
I've been enjoying the quiet time at home during the days and catching up on my Price Is Right. I try to sneak in a nap when I can (headed there now too) so the nights don't seem as long. I'm up usually 2 times a night between 11 and 5 so that's not overly horrible if I've had the nap.
We've worked on getting him into his crib already and have given him his first few sponge baths. I'm waiting for that nasty cord stump to fall off for the first real bath.
We are enjoying settling in as a family of four and couldn't be happier. I'll try to keep up on pics and blog posts as much as I can but I find myself wishing we had our laptop so I could do this all downstairs instead of up here on the 2nd floor. (We just got rid of our laptop earlier this year and don't really need a new one plus its not in the budget but it would be nice for leave.)
Monday, November 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment