Sunday, December 11, 2011

And so it begins...

I held off as long as I could but it has begun... if I want this to happen...
then I have to resume the Love/Hate relationship with my pump and accessories that I laid to rest over 1 year ago. Oh boy! Granted it's not the actual act of pumping that bothers me. I don't mind the few minutes it takes and when I return to work its a nice little break in the day to clear my head, but what I don't like is this...
All the WASHING and sterilizing. What you see here will need to be washed daily once I return to work. For now I will only pump occasionally and wash the pieces here and there but when back at work and pumping 2-3 times per day (or maybe more) this will need to be washed and washed and washed and washed and well you get the idea.  If only there were some pumping elves to help with it all. With Kenley, Clay and I eventually had a pact that since I had to do all the pumping, he would do all the washing. I know it gets old fast so I don't expect the same deal this time but I know he will help as much as he can.
But I know in the long run it will be a distant memory and if we want to stock the freezer up and make it the first year then we will endure. It will take a few bottle brushes and lots of soap but we will make it in the end :)

No comments: