Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fantastic Friday Fair Food Fun

Say that 5 times fast! Friday, Clay and I took off work, drop the kids off at the sitter and went to the State Fair with my inlaws. It was a good time! We hadn't been in a few years and we mainly go for the food so we went ready to eat :)

Liz gave me a good idea that I should photo blog everything we had to eat that day. Looking back it doesn't seem like as much as you might expect but we definitely didn't leave hungry.

Technically we started the day with a bagel and some coffee from Panera and I added a banana to my breakfast. Sorry no picture here.

First item at the fair was a sample of hot dogs from Oscar Mayer. They were part of the new "select" line and very tasty. One had garlic and spices and the other had tomato, dill and something else.
We were stalking out the Wiener-mobile in hopes to get Liz a wiener whistle for Braden. Turns out you had to have your picture taken to "earn" a whistle so, of course we did.
From there we hit the Fried What? stand and I finally tried the infamous fried Snickers bar and Clay had some fried Oreos.
I preferred the Snickers.The Oreos seemed strange since they had no crunch.

Next Clay had a BBQ pork sandwich.  A little light on the sauce but it smelled good.


Instead of porking it up, I went for some standard nachos and a few spicy jalapenos. 
Then back to fried food fun. We hit up the mini donuts!
Shook things up with a Lemon Shake UP.
And wrapped up the fair with some Culler's fries with vinegar.

In non-food fair highlights, we enjoyed the beautiful day and the light crowds.

We checked out the "famous" 3 room log home made from a really really REALLY old tree.
Had an utterly fantastic time checking out the 90 year old butter cow :)
And of course checked out all of the animals. Here I just finished feeding the llama. I didn't know my MIL was taking any pictures so she actually caught me talking to it. I look  a little crazy.
ONe of the other things we did was check out the Phineas and Ferb Disney area and the Perry the Platypus Platybus. We even did an interactive and danced with Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
All in all a successful and fun trip to the fair!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I tried a deep fried snickers for the first time this year too! I think I'll just stick to a plain old snickers next time. I wish we would have seen the wiener mobile and Dr Doof!! Love the state fair!