Sunday, June 21, 2009

Clay's first Father's (to-be) day

I hadn't planned on getting Clay a Father (to be) card for Father's day but I saw one that I couldn't resist. For those of you that know Clay well, you know that our house revolves around ONE thing from April until October/November.....BASEBALL, specifically CARDINALS Baseball.

I found this card. It is a card on "diapering" and lays out the steps for diapers in baseball terms. PERFECT! It says:

Step 1: Lay diaper like a baseball diamond.

Step 2: Fold second base over home plate.

Step 3: Place the baby on the pitcher' mound and fold first base and third base over infield. Then pin or tape to home plate.

Step 4: Hope there isn't a rainout.


He got a good kick out of the card. The first of many;o)

On a related note, I can finally share one of the first purchases I have made for our baby. It was the day I found out I was pregnant and neighbor of Liz's was having a garage sale with tons of baby stuff so I was just going to look. However, they were Cardinals fans so I couldn't resist buying these.... Clay was a bit freaked out since we had just found out but they are adorable. I figured they were "unisex" enough. Today Clay even held one back up and smiled. He likes them now that the idea of being a dad has settled a bit more. Can't wait to put our cutie in them next summer for the baseball games.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I've got some never-worn Cardinals outfits from the in-laws that I would be happy to hand over! :) I'll have to find them...