Sunday, July 11, 2010

Take me out ...

Take me out to the ballgame.(Independent league and less expensive) Take me out to the crowd (of fellow employees for part of our company picnic). Buy me some peanuts and crackerjacks (Or really just one large rootbeer since I was thirsty and we already ate hotdogs, chips, and such at the picnic). I don't care if I ever get back. (Well that's a lie cause I really do. I have to pump and I have a stinks at home waiting to see me) Cause it's root root root for the Belters (or should I say Corn.. I don't remember what they said). If they don't win it's a shame (I wonder if they won? We left in the top of the tenth.. it was after 10pm and I was tired). For it's ONE, TWO, THREE strikes you're out, at the ole' ball game.

Okay, I'm expanding this blog a bit (I think). I had an old blog with my friend Mel, but it seems neither of us updates that one anymore. I do have things to post but never get around to it, so I figure if I combine this and make this all things Brockman family maybe I will get around to sharing more.

Now don't worry your pretty heads, I am sure that all things Kenley will still  be a topic of posting a majority of the time, but occasionally Clay and I may bust through.

So you can tell, Clay and I went out this weekend on Saturday night to our company picnic. It was an outing away from Kenley. My mom came up to babysit (Thanks mom!!). It was the first night ever that I hadn't been home to put her to bed, but I survived. (She prob didn't even care since Grandma had a warm bottle ready and rocked her just like mama.)

The picnic was at the local independent league baseball game. They are called the Normal Cornbelters (Originally the town voted and the name Clay liked had to do with Nuts for Beer Nuts but alas that name lost. Too bad cause it would have been the Normal Nuts and you could yell "Let's go Nuts!" at the game and root root root for the Nuts... it's endless but alas I digress...) Anyways, the food was decent but a little crowded and the game was fun to watch. Some of my favorite things included seeing where all the baseball guys came from, Cornie (the mascot), and the fun games they do during breaks, oh and of course the baseball ;o) They had guys on the team from Canada, HI, NY, TX, and WI (MKE to be exact so I had to think of Lissa and Nathan everytime he came up to bat.) Clay said they live with "host" families when they are in town so they don't have to pay rent (since they don't make much money). I asked if he would ever want to be a host family (just as a joke.)

Cornie the mascot was really neat too!! HE did a lot of funny antics. He came out and seduced one of the umps at one point, which got the crowd going. He really had some moves. Here are some more of his dance moves.

.
They also had a "veggie" race. It's supposed to be like the sausage race in MKE but it's an ear of corn, a carrot, and a taco. The taco doesn't fit into the veggies. (Later they had a man with a sombrero and poncho running around and a guy dressed as a banana... I think they got the discount costumes from clearance, but they are funny.)  I was rooting for the carrot, but he lost ;o( (I had a video of this, but I've tried to load it 3 times and I keep getting an error, so I'm giving up for now. I'll try to load it again later.)

They also had a sumo match between innings and some other games for kids and their parents. Pretty neat and Clay and I will definitely want to go again. I'd like to go on Thursday sometime for $1 beers but it will have to be when I'm not on my one drink limit so that I can have a few and enjoy the atmosphere.

We did also see a good landscaping idea for the baseball fanatic in all of us. We liked it so much, we took a picture so we could show Clay's buddy Bill.

All in all a good little night out with the hubby!

No comments: