Saturday, January 1, 2011

1st bday party (and more)

It hardly feels real that I have a healthy and happy 1 year old running around the house. We had a very busy holiday weekend last week (it took me awhile to get to posting this), but we had a great 1st birthday party on the day after Christmas. We had several family and friends with us. Thanks to everyone who came!!

Kenley had a great time. She had practiced the unwrapping skills on Christmas. She enjoyed reading her bday cards...
and opening up the gifts. She really liked the tissue paper from this one.  As you can see she really hammed it up!
She would work on opening something and then share the paper with her party guests.
She got a lot of wonderful gifts. Thank you everyone!
After gifts we decided it was time for cake and ice cream. I made Kenley a Big Top Cupcake as her smash cake and decorated it with frosting and sprinkles. Clay picked out the "1"candle for the top.
She looked very excited to get the cupcake, but
was a little reluctant to DIG in.
After cake and ice cream our party guests said goodbye and Miss K took a nap. It was a wonderful day.

We continued the celebrations on Monday for her actual bday. Clay and I took the day off as we plan to do every year. This year we decided what to do but in future years, Kenley will call the shots. We stayed in PJs most of the morning and then in the afternoon we cashed in the "Piggy Food" to open her savings account.  Here's the piggy emptied out and a picture of us at the bank.
We are hoping to make the trip to the bank a birthday tradition. She made out like a bandit this year and had over $60 in the piggy. Guess she was a good little saver!

We also took our family picture for her birthday frame. I'm hoping to make this a tradition too. I want to take our picture every year on her birthday to see how we all change from year to year.
All in all I think Kenley had a wonderful 1st birthday. The first of many I am sure ;o)

No comments: