Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The post without a title

This past weekend like all the others just felt too short. We had big plans and big fun!

On Friday my mom came up to watch the kids and Clay and I went out with our friends Nathan and Alissa. It was a blast! We went out to eat at a new place called Reality Bites and the food (and drinks) were wonderful.  It's a tapas bar but we did more of the get your own meal thing. Nathan and I got the pork tacos. Lissa got the fish tacos and Clay got something with scallops. Everyone enjoyed their meals. We also had some bacon wrapped dates as an appetizer and they were delic. They tasted a lot like a McGriddle from McDonalds but we like those too. I even splurged on desseret and got the Bavarian Apple Cheesecake...yum!!! After dinner we decided to hit up an old watering hole and catch a few more drinks so we headed down the street to Elroy's.  The place was empty as it was still early but around 10pm DJ Tugs started jamming (with music I'm too old to know) and then around 1015 the first wave of college kids came. It was nuts! I can't believe what the girls wear these days. SHORT SHORT dresses and skirts and it's FEB. Back in the day we just pulled off the dark jeans and on a big night we busted out the black pants. Boy things change.

Backing the train up a bit we did also see Kenny Rogers at the bar. I tried to get a picture by "pretending" to be taking a picture of Nathan but I think the lady with Kenny was on to me so I had to stop. Of course I'm sure it didn't help that Nathan kept yelling out Kenny. HA! Here's the best I could get and I'm not even sure you can tell how much he looked like Kenny.
Here are a few other pictures of our night out. It was so much fun we will definitely have to make it a habit now that the Hunters are locals :)

I believe in this first picture, Nathan and Clay are pondering how the beer is so inexpensive at the classy establishment.
 Here are the lovely ladies of the night that apparently didn't get the memo about the short skirts and dresses.
 And here we are getting the "Bird's Eye View."  We don't remember the ceiling being this scarey (or low) in the past. It looks a little gross up close.

Saturday, Clay needed a little bit of recovery time so my mom and I took the kids to the library to play. Kenley loves it there and so do I.  We played in the toy area and then explored. We made a little friend too. However I was a little sad for the little girl. She was so so cute and kept running over to us. I read to them and we played with the "Go Fish" cards. We colored and explored. Every once in awhile the little girl would run back over to her mom (so I knew the mom was there) but the mom rarely looked up from the computer.  Then when we were exploring the DVDs the mom kept telling the little girl to leave us alone. I can properly pinpoint my emotion. I was more annoyed by the mom than the little girl. The little girl wasn't bothering me. We were having fun. I know she was having fun too as I got her to giggle several times with my impersonations of a puffer fish and an octopus. She mimiced me and giggled. I guess I was annoyed that the mom hadn't bothered for the last 30-45 minutes to interject and tell her little girl not to "bother" us but now that we were close to the computer area she couldn't stop.  I tried to tell myself maybe there are circumstances I don't know. Maybe she was a single mom and needed to get something done on the computer and didn't have anyone to watch the kid. Maybe  she doesn't have a computer at home. I just don't know but I somehow felt bad for the little girl. Maybe I shouldn't. Maybe I'm too hands on and I should let Kenley explore more but I try to soak up every minute I can with her on the weekend.

Sunday, we had some fun party dances. (It's what Kenley calls the dance parties we have in her room with all of her stuffed animals and pillows.) Chase even joined in on the fun and I caught some good pictures of them "resting" after a few songs. They were pretending to nap.

All in all a fun weekend and I can't wait to do it all again!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I am so glad you had such a fun time with Alissa and Nathan. I know they enjoyed it a lot, too. I am glad she has ready made friends at her new locale! I need to visit your sweet kids when I get down there to visit the hunters, too.