Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dinner Art

Clay and I have been in a bad habit lately...we've gotten out of our grocery shopping routine. It starts with me not wanting to make a grocery list because I haven't thought of dinner ideas for the week. It's been hard for me lately since I feel like we always eat the same thing and I want to make different things and good things not just convenient things. Then add to that the fact that I've been working a lot of Friday afternoons recently, we've been sick part of the time, and we just don't want to go on the weekends and you have a house with no food. This week we scraped by somehow with fish sticks and mac n cheese, chicken nuggets and tater tots, and tonight pancakes.  I know you are all jealous of my grade school lunch menu! Well tonight I got an idea to make the pancakes a little more interesting. Clay was playing basketball so it was me and the kids. Chasey sometimes takes a cat nap on the way home so Kenley and I were making dinner.

We decided to add a little (or a lot) of color to our night and make some fun pancakes.

 It started out pretty simple... just some green and purple (made with red and blue)....
 Then we had some fun and made lots of colors and some swirl pancakes. I think they looked pretty cool!

They were all delicious and we had great fun together!!


Side note: My original picture for the day before our dinner art was going to be a picture documenting my lunch with Mel today. We don't talk as much as we used to so we definitely try to catch up occasionally and we both made time for lunch at work today. It was a good time :)

No comments: