Monday, March 8, 2010

Busy Brockmans

Life with a 2 month old definitely keeps you busy. This past weekend was busy proof of that. The past 4 days were packed full of new things for Little Kenley.

On Thursday, Kenley and I went over to Mrs Christine's house. Miss Christine will be Kenley's daycare provider. We met her mom (who helps) Mrs Sharon and all of the little ones there. The youngest one she has now is 10 months old and he is adorable. We stayed about 2 hours and it helped settle my nerves about leaving her there in 2 weeks.

On Friday, it was my 30th birthday. I woke up to this smiling face.
We had a big day planned which included a trip to the doctor. I dressed her in her comfy outfit that said, "How can you say no to a face like this?"
We played on the floor for a very long time and we were a very happy girl, but when we went out to the living room to do some tummy time, the scene quickly changed.
I would see this face later and even more upset, so that brings us to the doctor appt.

Kenley had her 2 month appt with Dr. Kane. She didn't weigh as much as we had guessed. We had her at about 13 lbs or so and she weighed in officially at 12lbs 11oz on an empty stomach. She was 23.5 inches long and her head now measures 15inches. Her height and her weight put her in the 80th percentile. The doctor was pleased with her growth and she checked out normal. We get to treat the cradle cap with baby oil and maybe Selsum Blue (How do you spell that?) If it doesn't go away soon, we may get something from the doctor. We are out of the DANGER zone for fevers, which was music to daddy's ears. We need to do more tummy time (up to 3x/day) and work on strengthening our neck (So I guess she won't like me for awhile). All in all a clean bill of health and wellness for our cutie.

The big event came at the end with the SHOTS! She got one oral vaccine and 3 shots in her chunky thighs. She DID NOT like them at ALL. Even made mommy tear up a bit to listen to the crying but we all came out of it okay. She went into shutdown mode after the crying subsided and slept from the doctor's office home until about an hour past when I expected her to eat. She woke up subdued and still looked a bit sad over the ordeal. We don't go back until 4 months but I think there are more shots then too (just don't tell Kenley).
The smiles from the morning were gone ;o( and she just looked shocked. Grandma Coleman came to babysit so Clay and I could go out to eat for my birthday. After my birthday dinner out, my friend Stacia came over to meet Kenley too.

On Saturday, we made Kenley's first trip to Decatur. We went to lunch at TX Roadhouse.
You can see that Kenley had a wonderful time. She fussed a bit in her carseat but if you hold her she just zones out and takes a nap, so I still get to eat with one hand until she is old enough to either stay in the carseat or sit by herself in a highchair. We are working on the carseat thing first. She did great with the car ride to and from Decatur so we are slowly building up the distance away from home we will travel. (We have a big trip to Nebraska planned in May.)

While in Decatur, Kenley also got to do something very special. She got to meet her GREAT Grandparents. My Grandma Jean and Grandpa Jerry are the only set she has so we stopped by their house for a quick visit. We took a 4 generations picture which I think is pretty neat.

Then Sunday we wrapped up a busy weekend with a visit from my godparents on their way back to St. Louis from Peoria. It was a quick visit but always nice to see them and they got to meet Kenley for the first time.
We hope to make a trip to see them in St. Louis in April (it will be about 3-4 hours in the car) and would be good practice for the Omaha trip. As you can see Kenley slept through most of the visit but they still thought she was a cutie (and we agree).

So all in all that was a very busy 4 days for the Brockmans. Today Kenley and I went to the grocery store and did some laundry. I've tried a few times to write this post but for now I have a few minutes while Clay gives her a bottle (successfully again and with vitamins mixed in...double bonus!!!). I will try to post more often as I have lots to share but I'm still trying to find the balance between getting everything done and savoring the last few weeks at home with Little Miss Kenley, so stay tuned.

No comments: