Saturday, March 20, 2010

Welcome to the dairy farm

And on this farm there was a cow. me..E-I-E-I-O. Pump pump here and pump pump there. Here I pump, there I pump, everywhere gotta pump pump. E-I-E-I-O

You guessed it. This post will be about breastfeeding and pumping so read if you want. If not, we will see you for the next post.

With that...

Well the consistent pumping has begun. Up until now I would only pump occasionally or when needed (as I never really felt like doing it), but since I had back to work Monday, I am gearing up the production line for the sitter's.  I'm ready for Monday already which is good. I'm trying to get ahead and stay there. I'd like to not have to supplement too much with formula as that POOP STANKS!

I had a lot of thoughts this morning at 4am with regards to it all. Partially because our little girl is becoming more of a sleeper again. Last night she slept from 8pm-430am. Not bad at all but I woke up at 330am and had to pump because I was so full I was leaking. I knew she would wake up as soon as I finished so I didn't pump too much (you know just 6oz or so..ha!!)  Well as I pumped I wondered why 1 side was doing so much better than the other. They were both really "full" but when I tried to pump both at the same time I wasn't having any luck. I think they are just too big to handle or I am just too uncoordinated. After all, I am not a circus act, although if I was it may be more feasible.  So I did each side solo and had one overachiever side and one slacker. Go figure! However maybe it's like writing. After all I CAN write with both hands but it's much more legible when I use my right hand so maybe one "girl" will just be more productive than the other or at least more responsive to the machine milk extractor pump rather than the  baby version that does fine on either side. But on that note I have to wonder if they ever look lopsided when I finish. I know that Kenley usually just feeds from one side per feeding and then we do the other side the next time (and they can look a little lopsided to me then) but are they lopsided enough that others may notice and am I going to go back to work looking like a freak? Oh boy!!


I had a few other thoughts but they escape me now. I'm a bit anxious about the pumping at work thing but I'm sure after a week or so, I will have it down pat. After all my goal is to nurse for 6 months and I'm half way there already at 3months so just have 3 more months to go!

No comments: