That's right folks, Momma Kim has returned to the workin' world. Monday was my first day back and I like to think I did well. Little Miss Kenley didn't want to go to bed on Sunday night. I think she knew something was about to change and I for some reason couldn't sleep. I was nervous, anxious, full of dread but trying to convince myself that it would all work out (which it will) and remind myself that we picked a good daycare provider where she will be well cared for and loved. The daycare experience will be good for Kenley as she will have lots of social interaction with other children (of various ages) and some daily routine and structure. Returning to work will be good for Momma as it will bring home the bacon and allow us to save for our new house (which will make me a happy girl).
I had one small "episode" of tears on Sunday night as I rocked her gently to sleep and I will admit I teared up again Monday morning getting her dressed and again on the way to the sitter's house. I did not cry at the sitter's and she was awake and smiling at Miss Christine as we left. Here is a picture of Kenley and I as we were gettting ready to leave the house.
Kenley appears to be mid-yawn and yes I look a little teary. When we got to the sitter's Kenley was the first one there (and prob will always be the first one there since she gets dropped off shortly after 7am.) I had a list of things to tell Christine of course so I rambled those off and then snapped this picture before we left.
Then I was off to work. As I left Kenley was smiling at Christine so I knew she would be fine. Monday went pretty quickly for the most part. I got a lot of emails welcoming me back and other emails from friends and family offering their support on my first day away. I didn't tear up too much at work, just occasionally when I would get a nice email saying that someone was thinking about me and hoping the day went quickly. I even got some very lovely flowers in the afternoon. (Thanks Mom and Dad!) Here I am getting logged on for the day...
and the flowers...
I started getting really anxious on Monday afternoon to be done with work and go pick her up. I constantly checked my cell phone to see if I had missed a call from Miss Christine letting me know how she was doing. When 4pm finally got here I raced to pick her up. If you thought I had road rage before you should see me now on the way to get my little girl if you are driving too slow ;o) *wink*
When I got there she got a glowing report that she had actually slept all day between feedings and was a good lil' eater. I knew she was a good eater. After all, have you seen my chunky monkey's thighs, double chin or budda belly?
I took her home and then proceeded to try to cram an entire day's worth of hugs and kisses into the next few hours. She played, smiled, and laughed with me all evening which did great to recharge my mommy bank and set to rest my fears that she wouldn't remember me after a day away (yes I know it's ludicrous to think that.)
Tue went about the same and she received another glowing report card from the sitter. She ate like a trooper again even finishing off a few 5oz bottles. Holy smokes! This dairy farmer bet get pumpin'. They said she was awake much more yesterday and they kept her up during the afternoon playing so she would sleep for us last night. They said she is such a happy baby and will just laugh and smile when you talk to her and that she even answers you sometimes ;o)
So here I sit on day 3 at work (still haven't really done much actual working yet....oh well) and I do miss my little girl but know she is doing well. I have learned that evenings after work FLY by much faster than you would like them too and trying to get everything done is a feat in itself (Thus I don't have much computer time of an evening to keep my peeps updated...please stay patient). I've also learned you become a bag lady when you return to work. I have my purse, my lunch bag, my "pumping" bag, and the cooler. Plus the first day I had a bag of stuff to bring back to work and I'm sure I have more bags that I'm forgetting. Then when you pick her up you can add the diaper bag and the carseat.. whew...moms definitely need more arms and hands!
So there you have it... I'm back at work and adjusting. We are trying to find our "bedtime" or evening routine so that we get enough sleep and have a happy baby in the morning. We are also trying to find our morning routine that gets us all up, dressed, and out the door on time. I know after a few weeks we will be old pros and it will seem second nature for sure. This week will be a little off as Christine has tomorrow and Friday off so my mom is babysitting tomorrow and Clay and I are both staying home with her on Friday.
I wish we had a video feed at the sitter's house.... I wonder what Kenley is up to right now? Hopefully thinking about how much her mom and dad love her and how I can't wait to see her after work ;o) Okay well maybe she is just thinking about when she gets to eat next and where she is going to nap but I like to have my own version of it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment