Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Weekend 2011

We had a lovely weekend. My mom came Thursday night so she could babysit on Friday (THANKS MOM!!).  Friday night we took my mom out to dinner at Logan's. Kenley loves to go out to eat. It keeps her entertained and she loves to talk and wave at all the people. You could also hear the music so she put on quite a cute little show "dancing" in her chair.  Clay caught part of it.


Saturday, my dad came up to join us and we celebrated our Easter since we weren't sure what the weather would be like on Sunday and Saturday's weather was very pleasant. We gave Kenley her Easter basket which included a bubble maker and we had to try it out immediately.  I also had to put her in her cute little dress. She was just adorable!!!  Mom and Dad also got her some super cute sandals but she refused to wear them yet.
 We also enjoyed a nice lunch of grilled cheeseburgers, overnight salad, baked bean, chips, dip and peach cobbler. We all ate too much but it tasted wonderful.  Later that afternoon most of us took our naps to recover and then we headed over to the hotel where my mom and dad were staying to hit the pool. Kenley loved it!!! She is quite the little water bug and enjoys it. She wanted us to let her go and she loved jumping in and floating around. We will definitely have to get her in the water as much as we can this summer. (I will post these pictures as soon as I steal them from my mom. )

Then today we went out to a nice breakfast at a place called Wild Berries. They hired one of their employees to dress as a pink Easter Bunny and let me tell you Kenley did NOT like it. He snuck up and scared her after we got there and I swear she was going to jump out of that high chair. I wish I would have had the video camera rolling because although it scared her, it was hilarious. This bunny was also a unicyclist so later we went outside to watch him ride around the parking lot on his unicycle. She wasn't as scared then as long as he kept his distance. Then today my mom took her for a long wagon ride while Clay and I cleaned up the Hotel Brockman and later we Skyped with Grandma and Grandpa B and Val and Sophie. It was a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Tbrckmn said...

Sooo Cute!! Wish we could be in 2 places at once.