Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Those little "to dos"

Lately I've been annoyed, bothered, agitated, nagged by those little "to dos" that run thru my head. It's not the work ones. Those don't bother me although they sometimes pop in my head at off hours like my 3am bathroom break but I keep those written down and they seem to just be. However the list for those little to dos at home is just bugging me. Do you know what I mean? Do you have your own list of those little "to dos." They aren't important particularly significant (I struggle for a word here). They don't stop my day to day life and I know eventually most of them will get done, but they just bug me. My list currently has some things left from moving like organize the linen closet, hang the pics in our room, find all the appliance manuals, organize the garage, etc. It has random things like put K's bed on the box springs, go thru the maternity clothes I borrowed to determine what I'm keeping so I can give the rest back and my closet can feel together again, iron K's bedskirt (and I hate to iron), and dust the banister railings. And then there are the things that I just feel "behind on" like getting Kenley's Shutterfly photobook done for her 1st year and starting the next one. I did manage to do a few little things last night. I printed off pics last week from Shutterfly so I added more to her baby book and finished the last page of her scrapbook that Grandma B did with birthday pics. But I don't feel like I'm making any progress and everytime I cross some little thing off the list I seem to create 2 or 3 more. I know part of it is just my overly obsessive need to be in control feel accomplished and "polished."  Maybe it's good that I struggle with this.. maybe it's a chance to grow....I know I changed a lot a little when Kenley was born. I did learn to let go a little bit but maybe this is the universe's way of telling me I still need to let go some more. Anywho... anyone else have a list? What's on your "to do" list that's bugging you?

3 comments:

Sherri said...

You are so much like me. I am a control freak and it bugs me when I don't have everything done. Courtney did not inherit this and I am not sure about Alissa. I do know that I got worse when the girls left, which seems odd. I don't have a big list right now because I do it as soon as it comes up, I just cannot relax until the list is finished. My advice would be to go easy on yourself and enjoy these times while Kenley and your new baby are little. I miss them sometimes. (I miss the days when they were little)

Kim said...

Thanks Sherri! My goal this week is just to do a little every night after Kenley is in bed but stop early so I can still have some TV time or read in bed. A little work and a little relaxing ;o)

Sarah said...

I feel your pain! I always have little things that I never want to do, but they bug me, like filling a random hole, touching up paint here or there, tightening the screws in our kitchen chairs, etc. And if I finally get to them, I come up with 3 more things to do. Oh well, baby steps! :D