Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend rewind

We had another wonderful weekend that of course went by too quickly.

Friday after work, Clay and I met with the landscaper. We have a credit from our retaining wall so have decided to go ahead and have more work done and build our sitting wall around the patio and the built in for Clay's grill. While were talked we also asked about some general landscaping in the area as well. We should hear back Monday and I'm hoping to get that underway soon.(One more thing off the list!)

Then we decided that we needed a Friday afternoon break and wanted to go see a movie. We went to see The Change Up with Jason Bateman and Ryan Renyolds.  Now granted this "switch places" premise has been done over and over but it was a funny movie and well worth the trip. When we got home from the movies my mom was here for the night.

Saturday morning my mom and I had plans to take Kenley to the Summer Splash swim event thru work. It was a little chilly at first but we had a blast. Kenley also got to play with Mel's daughter Marlie and that was fun too! Here are some of the pics...




Then Saturday for lunch we headed to Meatheads. DOUBLE YUM!!! Kenley must know that place is business because she ate more than I thought was ever possible. She finished off the ft long hotdog, some of the bread, fries, yogurt, and applesauce. HOLY SMOKES! Clay and I both enjoyed our Texas Ranch burgers (and just typing this makes me want to go back!) I decided to take a few pics at lunch and we caught the cutest video of Kenley doing the "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and trying to snap (which is our new thing). (Both would have been better without the plate but she was insistent on using a prop.)



After a long morning out we came home to play. Our funny game we couldn't get enough of was tumbling over Grandma C. Oh to have this girl's energy!


 My mom left during nap time and the rest of the evening flew by. Today we haven't done much of anything. We had the windows open to enjoy the beautiful day and we took a short shopping trip to Kohl's to get Clay some new shoes for when he plays basketball on Thursdays. We did check out a new park and had an impromptu lunch at McDonald's. All in all a perfect weekend. I'm ready for more!

No comments: