Saturday, September 17, 2011

Weekly updates

Well it's been a pretty good week around here.. Here's a glimpse of what we've been up to.

On Wed we got our sod so the house now looks "complete" and we don't have a dirt yard anymore :o)


Clay has been watering and the cooler weather has been nice, although it did seem weird to water the other morning when it was like 41 degrees. Kenley wants so bad to run and play on it but we have to stay off of it the first few weeks (other than to move the sprinklers) so that the roots can take hold. The yard looks HUGE now that it's so green.

On Friday I had my 32 week dr appt and all went well. She threw me off a bit when she told me to take it really easy for the next 10 days as I needed to get past 34 weeks. WHAT? I'm pretty much expecting to get to 36 or 37 weeks at least so I definitely have NO plans for a Sept baby. Interesting... I know there is no guarantee I'll go early again but I really am hoping to go as long as needed to fully cook this baby up and ideally I would like to go sometime after Oct 17  which is 37 weeks and considered "full term" by the book.  I was just a few days shy with Kenley but she was a good size, healthy, and passed her tests so we were happy.

Also  on the baby front, we did some shopping on Friday and got a few things. We stocked up on some diapers (both newborn and size 1) and found the going home outfits. We ended up getting two this time (1 boy and 1 girl one) since we didn't see anything gender neutral that we liked. Of course we will take the unneeded one back after baby arrives and we know what he or she is ;o) They are both comfy looking striped sleepers with cute feet and something on the butt. The boy one has Puppies and says "Handsome" while the girl on is Monkeys and says "Mommy loves me."



We also finally made a bit of progress on the name front Friday. We finalized our BOY name (we think.) We still don't have anything on the girl list that we feel too strongly about so I'm still looking thru the book and throwing out whatever I can. Feel free to leave your suggestions on the blog for both first and middle names on the girl side as we could use a little help.

Today was low key and we did a little shopping at Kohl's to get Kenley some heavier shirts for the fall/winter and Clay some new pants.  Tomorrow we will have company for a bit as my godparents are stopping by on their way back to St. Louis from Peoria to see the house and Kenley.  Should be a nice day.

Hope everyone else is also having a good weekend.

2 comments:

Lissa said...

Alissa Marie for a girl, Nathan Miles for a boy. Those names are associated with good-looking, smart, hilarious people who are always the most interesting in the room.

I have a feeling these were the names you already decided on though, so I'm not really telling you anything new here!

Sherri said...

Hard to top Alissa's choices! I love the name Kenley so I think you and Clay will again choose the perfect name.