Well I'm still plugging along. I think my doctor can barely believe it. I'm 38 weeks and 2 days today and baby is comfy and refusing to evacuate his/her residence in my belly early. We had thought baby would come early and maybe Grandma and Grandpa B would be able to see him/her before they head south for the winter, but that's not the case. Guess they will get to meet him/her around Christmas.
Yesterday was my 38 week appt and I'm still hovering around 3cm and thinning out. My weight was back up at 209 and blood pressure still nice and low at 110/60. Baby's heart was steady in the 150s I think and I measured right on track at 38 weeks. We talked about induction which I said we wouldn't do unless medically necessary. Although I'm hitting the really uncomfortable stage, I can survive. The worst thing right now is the "hitch in my giddyup" as a guy from work calls it or my gangsta limp as another coworker says. I like to think it's like the waddle of an injured penguin. Something is pinched or wrong with my left hip and walking sometimes looks a bit humorous as I'm not sure the leg and hip will support the 210 lbs with each step. It isn't too bad today but it has it's moments where after I stand up, I have to think about that first step.
I've been able to sleep relatively comfortably the last few days although I'm snoring from my sinuses and making at least 3 trips to the bathroom nightly. Oh the glamorous life at the end of pregnancy :)
Not much else going on at the Hotel Brockman. The in-laws left today. It's been nice having them stay with us this past week and Kenley has enjoyed the extra time with them too. She headed back to the sitter today and we will try to get back into our normal routine for the remaining days before baby comes. Then I'm sure life will see chaotic for awhile but I think we are ready.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment