No this isn't our dog and NO we aren't getting a dog....
This morning when I dropped Kenley off at the sitter's they said they had a surprise. They got a puppy over the weekend and named him Sparky. Kenley isn't too sure about the little guy and acting a little scared. Although I love puppies I wasn't as keen at first either since they will have to give so much effort into a new puppy and I still have a 5 month old there that lays on the floor (think dog hair and 4 clawed paws) constantly and needs his own attention (since he already has three 2 year olds, a 3 year old and two 4 year olds to compete with too) but I'm sure it will end up okay, as long as Chase doesn't get trampled on or scratched up or worse yet bitten since its a puppy and puppies tend to chew with those little teeth. The sitter just said it was because the kids begged all weekend. (Side note: they also just got a hamster within the last 2 weeks because the kids begged. I hope they don't beg for anything else soon.)
I don't think Clay and I will ever have a dog even if the kids beg. We are cat people by far. Now if they beg for a kitty, well that's a different story.
I'll keep you posted if Kenley ever warms up to Sparky and how it all works with Chase. It concerns me but I'm prob just being too overprotective or worrisome.
Monday, March 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would definitely have concern about a puppy around my 5 month old!! Hopefully, the dog leaves Chase alone!!!
Post a Comment