I took today's picture at around 7 this morning. I could have posted it then as I was sure it was the picture I would use to describe the day ahead that hadn't even happened yet. It started as a rough night. Mr. Chase really needed to poop. He tried several times yesterday and after all that effort wasn't able to do a thing. Then last night about 1030pm it all started. He woke up just screaming. Not a regular crying scream but a blood curdling, I'm in pain, please make it stop kind of scream. The boy needed to poop!
Now I'm trying to get used to a baby that only poops every 7 to 10 days. The doctor isn't concerned as long as his stomach remains soft and he isn't in any distress when he goes, and for the most part he had a good system down and wasn't distressed, but I knew last night was different.
He tried and tried and cried and cried. He would get a small nugget out and then be so tired he would go back to sleep only to wake up with the blood curdling scream again an hour to an hour and a half later. This pattern repeated the ENTIRE night so it made for not only a tired baby but a tired momma. I felt so bad I couldn't help him push it out. I even felt like a labor coach at one point trying to soothe him and get him to keep pushing at the same time.
Finally some more progress at 630ish but also a problem that prompted a call to the doctor (and a visit.)
And this is all you want to do after a long ROUGH night....
Poor guy worked on it all morning and final at the doctor's office was able to get more out (screaming and crying the whole time). The doctor gave us some meds and Chase went 2 more times today. He didn't cry or moan the last time so I think we may be past it all. I just cross my fingers for a good (and restful) night. So we don't end up like the picture above again tonight.
However Chase did more than poop today... he also learned a new trick...so BONUS.. VIDEO!
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor baby, glad it is going better now. I like the shoe post. Remember that a happy mama makes everyone happy. Put yourself firsst on Friday and enjoy it all! You deserve it and buy some new shoes.
Love love love those chuncky thighs!!!!!
Post a Comment