As I start today's post I know that I didn't take a single picture today so when I get to today's picture I will be winging it. (Although I have a few ideas...)
Friday I had wanted to take a picture of my dental work. I'm halfway thru getting a royal tooth with a crown. I was intrigued by the process. Specifically when he filed all the enamel off and left me with this weird looking yellowed upside down thimble of a tooth that looked soft and felt gritty. Apparently the Dentin of the tooth is yellow and if someone has thin enamel that's what can make their teeth look yellow. It was a very informative appointment and I asked lots of questions. I like my dentist :)
What would have been really cool is if I had ended up with some bling. My dentist was almost done and he mentioned that he could have given me a gold tooth for my temporary tooth that I now have until my crown is done at the lab. WHAT!! I could have had a gold tooth? That would have been awesome! But alas he mentioned this too late so I have a regular tooth colored temporary tooth. BORING! However I did go to the dental lab so they could scan my regular teeth and match the color on my new crown. I've now been told I have very white teeth. (Guess chewing on those rags and drooling with that whitening stuff back in college worked Alissa! HA!)
Well after all that, if you are still reading, I really did take a picture to share on Friday. It was of the "coffee camel" or giraffe depending on who you ask. My MIL spilled some coffee on her rob waving at Chase from across the room and it looked like a camel.
Exciting I know.
Saturday was very low key in the Brockman house this weekend. At the end of the day the 4 adults (Clay, MIL, FIL, and me) wound down with a round of Pegs and Jokers. We really enjoy playing games when my inlaws are here and this is one of our favorite.
I'm happy to report that my MIL kicked butt this time and won the majority of the games. Woo Hoo!!
Sunday we had my parents up too so we could celebrate my dad's birthday and Clay's birthday. We had a little cookout of burgers and sides. I even made some apple cobbler. YUM! We girls enjoyed some time at the table with the Play Doh. I realized I'm not overly artistic or creative and need to figure out more shapes to make besides the go to "worm." I will be taking suggestions for Play Doh lessons or projects in comments.
Today we returned to our normal schedule. The kids went back to the sitter's house after a week home with Grandma and Grandpa B and Clay and I returned to the normal after work schedule referred to as "controlled chaos." I didn't take any pictures today and I'm not sure there is anything of particular interest today. Things at work are still super busy. Chase and I are recovering from our illnesses (colds and whatever else I have) and Kenley is somewhere on the road to recovery from her cold too. I'm hoping both of my kids sleep thru the night tonight without coughing fits or waking up to eat so my fingers are crossed.
That leads me to today's picture. I don't have one and I was going to post a pop up add that I've gotten every time I've been on the computer for the last week including 2x earlier tonight. However as I sit here and want to find the picture, sure enough I haven't gotten it yet. It's a pop up for PCH and winning $57,000 (or something like that.. it's at least more than $50,000) per WEEK for LIFE. Everytime I see it a list of things I would do comes to mind. My list includes but is NOT limited to: Pay off house, Pay off student loans, finish basement, do landscaping, set up and fund college funds, quit work, go back to school, buy new bed, and go on a cruise. What would your list include?
Okay now that I'm mostly caught up, time for bed! Good night :)
Monday, April 23, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
No play dough suggestions from this preschool teacher, how sad is that? I always make a long snake and roll it into a snail.
As far as a boatload of money, I would buy a home on St. george island. Dream on...
Post a Comment