Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Checking in

Life on this end is busy right now. Last Friday (as I mentioned in the past post) I woke up sick but knew I had to go to work. I made it thru most of the day but then progressively got worse over the weekend. I finally feel like I'm on the upswing but have a horrible (yet productive) cough. I've coughed so much and so hard these past few days I've actually given myself headaches and another sore irritated throat :( To add to the physical drain Chase is also sick right now. I'm sure I gave him my germs (or maybe he gave me his) but he has a bad cold and after a trip to the doctor yesterday we discovered he also has an ear infection. Poor little guy! The worst of it comes at night when he can't breathe and just coughs and coughs. We have him in the swing to help and even propped it further up last night but he kept slouching (sp?) out and leaning over the side awkwardly so I'm not sure what we will do tonight. 

Well anyways, I'm hoping we will all be healthy in a few days.

With regards to the picture challenge, I'm still keeping up as best I can with everything going on. I am missing pictures for Sat, Sun, Mon, and yesterday. I think I have some for all the days so let's see.....


Saturday...

Saturday afternoon we went to a birthday party. My friend Liz's 2 oldest kids have birthdays almost exactly 2 years apart so they have a joint birthday party every year. This year Kenley was very excited to go to the birthday party for her friend Rylee.  There was lots of great food and lots of great people. The kids had a blast enjoying the bounce house that was part of Rylee's birthday present.


I am sure Rylee and Kenley will be good friends growing up. It's so cute to see them together.
Sunday we had a low key day. We invited the Mehns (Liz's family) over for dinner. We did the brats on the grill and she brought down the sides that were left from the party. The girls had a good time having a dance party up in Kenley's room so I'd like to post a video instead of a picture for Sunday.

VIDEO WILL BE COMING SOON!


Monday it was back to work but I was spent. I felt worse somehow. I made it thru most of the day with a little help from these...
I mean sugar always makes the day better! We have been talking lately too about the Dozen donut challenge and a coworker Kelli said she would do it and Matt (another coworker) said he would accept the challenge. I'm thinking I should get in on it because for those that know me best, I can totally EAT A LOT of food (and quickly as Clay would add.) So if we ever do the challenge, I'll be sure to post.

That catches me up to yesterday (Tuesday) which was my loving husband's 34th birthday. We got to chatting that morning that 4 years ago we were in Vegas and life was so different. We had just started trying to start a family and had no idea what lay ahead and now ... 4 years later we are blessed!

I hope Clay had a great birthday even though he had a sick wife and a sick baby boy. My lovely MIL made the cake you see and it sure was yummy! Kenley liked that we had candles and helped Clay blow them out. While we were singing it was also really cute because she sang "happy birthday to you Daddy and Kenley." Made me smile (which she normally does!)

So there you have it.  A brief glimpse back over the past few days. The in-laws are here this week keeping the kids home and having great fun (aside from the sick baby). It's nice to have them back in IL for the summer now.

Time to get to work so gotta run.... later!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Good job keeping up with the photos. It is hard sometimes, isnt it? Hope you are all feeling better very soon.