Friday, March 20, 2009

Baseline Sono, updated plans, and unexpected bills

This morning at 8 I went to the lab for my baseline sono. I found out the nurse has scheduled me for Urbana and not Bloomington, but they were able to get it fixed and squeeze me in. Thank goodness! Although I don't much care for the sono tech in Bloomington much right now. Maybe over the next few months when she sees me 10,000 times we will become friends, but for now she is a bit cold. (I also think she overcounts, but that is a different story.) Today she found 31 follicles on my right ovary and 28 on my left. (I swear these are the same numbers she gave last month. Is she just counting cysts or what's the deal? I will have to ask the doctor next week.) My uterine lining was 6.8 which I would expect to be going down due to the monkey. The nurse called later to discuss the results but not much was said. She set me up for my day 12 sono in Bloomington and it falls on a Monday. So if I have to do day 12, 14, and 16 it will be on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. That shouldn't be too bad. I am however hoping that my follicles are ready by day 14 this time. I also have a gut feeling for two follicles this month. I think that would be better odds but we will see what my body can do.
I think that takes care of the first two parts of the title so let me explain the third..... we got a letter today from Carle Clinic that was quite shocking to open. It ended up being a bill for ..... are you ready?..... $1867.00. WHAT??? I was confused and borderline mad so I called the number listed and talked to a very helpful rep. She said it appeared insurance had never been billed and indicated she would send it to them immediately. She also said she would follow up on Monday with the insurance to make sure it processed correctly. OMG! One month (well technically 13 days) of treatment and its already almost $2,000. Holy smokes! I am not sure but I think it should all be covered by insurance (at least I hope so.) Guess I'll have to wait and see. I'm sure if it's not all covered there will be an angry post ahead. However given I have "enhanced fertility coverage" which is the best available with Health Alliance then I should be okay. Stay tuned for details ;o)

No comments: