Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rinse and Repeat

After calling the doctor's office on Monday with my negative test result, the nurse was to talk with Dr. Jarrett and then call me back with this next cycle's game plan. I talked to the nurse around noon on Monday. She said after she spoke with the doctor at lunch, she would call me back. I didn't hear anything Monday afternoon or all day yesterday. So, yesterday around 430pm I called to leave a message. This morning she called me back.
Essentially my instructions are to "Rinse and Repeat." We will wait for my cycle to begin and clear out my lining. Then we will repeat a round of Letrozole (aka Femara). Instead of days 3-7 like we did last month (mainly cause my first appointment fell on day 3 and Dr. Jarrett wanted to get the show on the road) we will do days 2-6. I am to call the doctor's office on day 1 whenever the monkey makes its appearance to get a baseline sonogram (ultrasound) scheduled for day 2. Then I will take my Letrozole (day 2-6), have periodic sonograms (day 12, 14, ?) to track the growth of my follicles, and finally another shot of Ovidrel to induce ovulation once a follicle is mature.
Now the hardest part is not knowing when the monkey will come. I have no idea when day 1, 2 or 14 will be. I have to patiently wait for the cycle to begin. I had asked how soon I should expect a cycle since I stopped taking the "inserts" on Sunday night (over 48 hours ago), but she said there is no answer. She merely said "Any day now." Well, isn't that grand! I wish it would just start today so that I could get moving again. If it hasn't started by next Monday, I am supposed to call. Really? It it hasn't started 1 week after stopping the inserts. Isn't my period like more than a week late at that point considering I "ovulated" with the Ovidrel around Feb 25-27th. My period was expected on March 13th so next Monday makes me a week late. Isn't that strange? Wouldn't that be unhealthy? Abnormal? I think its weird.
Oh well, what do I know. This plan for the next cycle is what Clay and I anticipated. Now we just have to see where the day 2 sonogram and any other sonograms fall to decide if we have to go to Urbana (if they fall on the weekend) or if they can be done in Bloomington. I would almost prefer to have them done in Urbana given the nurses do them there and they are super friendly but the sonogram techs do them here in Bloomington at the lab and aren't as warm.
I had also asked about my appointment scheduled for next Tuesday and whether I should keep it. She looked at the chart and said he would prob still want to see me so I will gladly still take next Tuesday afternoon off for a trip to see the wizard.
Now I just sit and wait for the next show to begin.............................

No comments: