Tuesday, May 19, 2009

OMG! My eggo is prego!


I decided to test today. I had told myself I was going to test tomorrow for Mel's birthday but decided I should test today in case I needed to talk to the doctor (or even go see the doctor) on Wednesday before we headed out of town for the long weekend. I got up in the middle of the night to pee and just didn't feel like dealing with it so I went back to bed. Then I woke up again around 545am and decided it was time to test and get it over with. I decided to use one of the digital tests I recently purchased so that I wouldn't be able to fabricate a "faint" blue line. It would clearly say "not pregnant" and I could go about my day calling the doctor and such. I peed in my SpongeBob cup, dipped my stick, and laid it on the counter for the supposed 3 minute wait. I left the room as Clay needed to use the facilities too. I was laying on the guest bed and he came in and asked "What's this?" I said a pregnancy test and asked if it was still flashing. He said "no" so I went to look at it expecting to see "Not pregnant" but instead it just said one word.....PREGNANT. Really? I just stared at it. I'm pretty sure I asked Clay where the "Not" was. I decided it was a fluke and I needed another test so I pulled out the other one with the mysterious blue lines. I forced some more pee into a second SpongeBob cup for a "clean sample" and repeated. I kid you not, less than 5 seconds after laying the second test on the counter a DARK BLUE line was CLEARLY PRESENT. Holy SHIT!!! Blogger turned my picture sideways but that "bottom" line is the "OMG, you are really pregnant line." So in shock, I made my way to work. I called the doctor and when they called back I explained it all. I was instructed to go give blood to make sure. I immediately left and went to the lab at the dr's office here in town. I was done and back in less than 20 minutes. I was told I wouldn't have results until tomorrow and that I would need to go again on Thursday to see if the Beta numbers doubled. However, after leaving the dentist today at 4pm, I checked my voicemail and had a message from the nurse. It is official, as if you haven't figured it out by now I AM PREGNANT!!! My beta numbers were 2,855 and my progesterone was 18. The progesterone is a bit lower than they would like so I get to use the "creamy" inserts nightly again. However the beta numbers are so strong and positive that I do not have to go have blood drawn again on Thursday. I have a ton of questions for the nurse tomorrow when I call to schedule my sonogram, but tonight, I sit still in shock. This was the month we got taken off meds because of the cyst. This is the month that I didn't "prop or roll." This was the month I didn't "schedule" out my brownies. Most importantly.... this was the month for it to happen ;o) and I couldn't be happier. Oh and just in case you forgot what my positive pregnancy tests looked like......

No comments: