Well I think I should write my own book about infertility. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of "technical" books about infertility: its causes, treatments, etc. But what about a book from the personal and honest point of view of someone who is infertile?
Now technically I got half the idea from this post on a blog called Learning to accept my infertility . The woman from that blog indicated she went to Barnes N Noble to buy the "What to Expect when Expecting" book and almost hyperventilated. She was unable to make the purchase. She asked where the book was for infertile woman who end up pregnant. Good question!! She points out that infertility can put fear in your heart and steal some of the joy and excitement away from the whole experience. Infertility is a mean machine for sure.
So, why not write a book. Write it about the infertile woman's longing to be a mom, the struggle, the emotions, the ups, the downs, the hope, the pain, the tears. Write it in the good times and in the bad, leaving nothing out. Make it truly UNFILTERED. I bet I could do it.... would any one read it?
So I brainstormed a few quick chapter titles which I know I could ramble on and on about. Topics could include:
- Infertility: Now a permanent part of me (of us)
- Intimacy Interrupted: when there are more than 2 people in the bedroom
- Waiting, Waiting, Waiting
- Fear and hope
- Other pregnant people: Reminders abound
- Hearing the same ole' thing from others (This chapter deals with those phrases people tell you over and over.... it will happen someday, maybe you should relax, you are still young, have you tried this, etc, etc, etc)
- Can you spot the infertile?
- Infertility never leaves your mind or heart
- Other chapters I can't name yet that deal with being pregnant after a long journey with infertility.
I would even want to include excerpts from other blogs I read (with permission of course) or maybe they would want to write a few paragraphs with me. We could donate all the proceeds to infertile women who don't have good health insurance coverage. I read yesterday on a blog (pretty sure it was the same one with this book idea but maybe not) that she got fired for using PTO for too many Dr appts to see her RE (fertility specialist) because infertility was an option and not a disease. WHAT THE F#@*!?? Some people are so ignorant. Really! Anyways, off topic.... I should sit down and write on those topics. Hell maybe I can just publish this blog someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment