Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Our daily bread

My MIL (mother- in- law) just sent me a super sweet email. She said that after reading the devotional today from "Our Daily Bread" she thought of me and said a short prayer. As fate would have it I guess, I had my copy of the devotional at work with me today, so I took a moment to read it. It is entitled "At just the right time." In short it talks of God's perfect timing of his plan. It illustrates this with the perfect timing that God sent his son Jesus to us to be slain for our sins. Specifically the last paragraph and prayer spoke to me. It said:

"...the Lord knows what time is best for us as well. If you’re waiting for answered prayer or the fulfillment of one of His promises, don’t give up. If you think He has forgotten you, think again. When the fullness of time is right for you, He’ll show up—and you’ll be amazed by His brilliant timing!"

The prayer:
Not ours to know the reason why
Unanswered is our prayer,
But ours to wait for God’s own time
To lift the cross we bear. —Anon.

I have been writing things that speak to me in the front of my bible, and I think I will be writing that short prayer. It is not for me to know why I am struggling so much to have a baby but I know that there is a plan. I know that I just need to continue to wait for God's perfect timing.

No comments: