Saturday, October 24, 2009

Blogging Backlog

It's been almost a week since my last post. I can hardly believe it. I have wanted to sit and post a few things this past week but never found made the time, so I'm going to throw a few updates in this very post. Are you ready?

  • Monday at work, we found out some news that made for a few stressful days. We were told that our company would be dropping the HMO health insurance option effective Jan 1st. Of course, we are insured on the HMO so we had many many questions. Being due Jan 20th and having an OB covered by the HMO but NOT by the other health insurance options offered by our company, I was a bit upset. I didn't want to face changing doctors at 37 weeks pregnant. Clay and I both work for the same company so our options are limited. In addition, we weren't getting very straightforward answers from the HR dept. We felt like we kept getting pawned off to call the new coverage company. Although they said that the HMO doctors used (including mine) INTENDED to become part of the new network prior to conversion at the end of the year, it was very stressful. In addition to that, the change throws a wrench in our budgeted plans. In addition, on the HMO, the birth of our child would have been a total of $300 cut and dry. Now with the new PPO plan, we are looking at at least $1,000 to meet the deductibles for me and the baby plus an extra 10% of the remaining bill. This gives us about 2 months to revise our budget and resave for this extra expense. Plus since we already had it budgeted for me to take an extra 4 weeks unpaid, we have to really pinch our pennies for now to make it work. On a good note, I did find out from my doctor that she HAS joined the network so if I can confirm this with our new insurance provider, I should be all set on the doctor front. Just need to revise a bit on the pediatrician side for Little Bean and work out a few more details. Still a bit stressful given IF I happen to deliver early, I may be facing both insurance carriers. Pray the little one comes on time and not early. (I know I may regret those words in late Dec/early Jan when I want nothing more than to have my little one.)
  • This past Wednesday marked the 27th week of pregnancy. This also marks the START of the 3rd Trimester. OH MY! 2/3rds of the way there and in the final leg. I can hardly believe it. According to BabyCenter, Little Bean weighs about 2lbs now, same weight as a head of cauliflower. Little Bean should also be sleeping and waking at regular intervals. I think I can attest to that ;o) I have the schedule down pat knowing when I can expect my kicks and wiggles. I look forward to those moments everyday. My favorite ones are at night when you can just see my stomach bounce wildly. Seems I should also be able to feel the baby's hiccups soon. I think that will be something fun and cute to look forward to. On my side of things, my hips are still bugging me but mostly only at night. The leg cramps come and go. When they strike, I hop out of bed as fast as I can to stand on them. Usually that works.
  • I am enjoying FitMommy on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but I seem to be the only one that consistently shows up. Last week and Tuesday of this week, Lora and I were both there so there were two of us, but on Thursday I ended up being the only one at class again. We did step and it was so much fun. It did aggravate my hip at times but it was a great workout. Plus this past week, they were taping the instructor to use clips in a promotional video for they gym. I think I was caught on few times so I hope I didn't look too stupid. However, we were told if our faces showed, they would be blurred out like on COPS. HA! I thought that was funny. Mostly I think he just taped my feet, glad I was coordinated enough for the step. Can't wait to see the video. I think its going to be on their facebook page so I'll try to watch for it and see if I (or should I say my feet) make a cameo.
And finally...



  • I went in for my glucose screening test yesterday. I showed up at the lab a little before 7am and it was packed! However, the lady at the front gave me my sugary drink and told me I had 5 minutes to chug it on down. I had been dreading the flavor from past stories I have heard, but I cracked it open and let it hit the hatch. Really it wasn't bad. It was nice and cold and actually tasted exactly what it looks like, ORANGE SODA. Not too shabby. I quickly drank it (prob less than 1 or 2 minutes) and went back to the front desk. Then I had an hour to wait before they would take my blood. I had taken my book so I had some good reading material and the time passed quickly. Then back for 4 vials of blood and I was outta there. We SHOULD find out the results on Tuesday at our dr appointment. Hopefully it will be the result we want and I won't be facing gestational diabetes but we will find out.

Looking ahead this next week:

  • We have our 28 week (7 month) appointment on Tuesday at lunch. I will also get my RhoGAM shot. This is given since my blood type is A neg (meaning I am negative for the Rh factor. Given Clay is O positive and has the Rh antibodies, the baby could too. This means that the baby and I may conflict when and if our blood mixes. To protect us both, so I don't attack any foreign antibodies, I get the shot at 28 weeks and then again at delivery. I will have to do this for every pregnancy. Then of course, we will also have updates on my weight, blood pressure, size, and the baby's heartrate.

  • Wednesday is our 28 week mark so it will again be picture time. Stay tuned for more belly pics.

  • I want to line up Little Bean's pediatrician this week and start working on lining up a babysitter. I have all of my questions printed out and the list of people to call. Just need to MAKE time to call and start asking.

Well, I think that is all I have for now... guess it was more than I thought. I do have some additional blogs bouncing around in my head but I want to get pictures or videos for them. One requires me to borrow a phone cord from my good friend Liz so that I can get the wonderful video off of my cell phone and on to the computer, so stay tuned.

No comments: