Today we are 28 weeks pregnant. Little Bean should weigh about 2.25 lbs (which is equivalent to a Chinese Cabbage) and measure about 15 inches long. LB should now have eye lashes and can blink his/her eyes. However, his/her eyesight is still developing. It is developed enough however that LB may be able to see light that filters through the womb. Brain development is continuing and the little baby body is starting to store more fat in preparation for the world outside the womb. On my end of things, we are cruising in the third trimester and I can expect to gain about 11 lbs between now and delivery. I am hoping not to add too much to that total with the dreaded "Holiday weight." However, my scale at home has been stuck on 195.5 for the past three weeks (and no its not broken.) Good thing I have the doctor office weights to judge things by too. We took care of the normal 28 week markers (glucose screening and RhoGAM shot) so we are good to go. Pretty smooth sailing if you ask me.....
And of course, today its time for more pics ;o) I will update the slideshow later but here are the awaited 28 week pictures of Little Bean and Mommy. 

And the comparison between 24 weeks (top) and 28 weeks (bottom)
No comments:
Post a Comment