Friday, December 11, 2009

11 hours, 2 stores, and an interview later....

Today I had the day off to go shopping with Liz. We were going to the Chicagoland area to find a Babies R' Us and hit up IKEA. We left about 730am and dropped off Braden (Liz's little boy) at his grandma's. We took Rylee (her daughter with us) and headed north. We went to Babies R' Us first and got there right as they opened at 930. Almost 3 hours later we were finished. WHEW!! I pretty much cleared out the rest of the registry items and then some. You should have seen the cart!! The service there was outstanding. The lady at the front helped me get my 10% off coupon for my registry then said after I was done shopping to come back and she would add all the items I wanted (that weren't originally on the registry) to the registry so I would be sure to get the discount on most of my purchase. They also had some items (like sheets) on clearance so I was able to do some swapping and save big. In addition, I am now the the proud owner of a Babies R Us credit card. I'm usually not one to ever agree to a store credit card for the additional % off but they were doing an additional 15% when you opened a card and added it to my 10% so I ended up with 25% off of almost everything. Good deals!!!
As the proud owner of a Babies R Us credit card, you got a free pack of onesies....

And just to prove I went to town and pretty much cleared it all off the registry, check out this receipt.......

WOWZERS!!!!

I really think I did good though because after all the discounts, coupons, and gift cards (which they let me use and do a partial pay with the new credit card), I only spent $87. Can you believe it? Here is a brief list of the items I picked up:
  • 3 different crib sheets (one red, one yellow, and one animal print)
  • 2 mattress pads
  • 2 large waterproof protectors
  • 2 med waterproof protectors (for changing table)
  • the contoured changing table cushion
  • 2 covers for the changing table (one red and one brown)
  • 2 packs of onesies (one short sleeved and one longsleeved)
  • a book that Clay picked out (this is going towards his Christmas stocking)
  • 2 formula dispensers
  • carseat saver/ protector (although this may be returned for a different type)
  • tons of burp cloths (even some cute ones that match my receiving blankets)
  • 1 pack-n-play sheet for the playyard
  • some adorable sleeping gowns (shown below)
  • some adorable long zippered sleepers (shown below)
Yes, it is most of the "boring" stuff but it's stuff that wasn't purchased and that is needed, mostly bedding I guess. Now the nursery is really coming together. I am going to try to get to Target this weekend for a few more items but other than that, it really is almost just ready for BABY ;o)

After BRU, it was lunchtime. We thought we could find a place on the way to IKEA but we missed a turn and took the scenic route, so we decided to eat at IKEA. They really do have good food. I had a buffalo chicken wrap, some chips, and a really good choc chip cookie. Then we hit the floor to shop. I was looking for some drawer organizers that my wonderful SIL found. Liz was looking for storage furniture for her basement. Off we went... we were both very successful! Here is my proof (I don't have a picture of Liz's proof as it is yet to be assembled and requires more time than my assembly).....

I also got a cute little wooden stacker toy and some "interesting" sleeved bibs that were recommended by a co-worker.

Finally with sore, swollen, and tired feet, we headed back to the truck and back to town. We got back around 515pm but it wasn't time to go home yet. Clay and I had an appointment with a potential babysitter at 530 so he met me at Liz's. The potential sitter is actually just down the road from Liz's so it's a super convenient location for us. Clay and I got done there about 63opm and headed home to unpack the day's purchases (and eat dinner).

All in all it was a GREAT day! I had a very nice time with my friend Liz and great success with all of my shopping.

No comments: