Saturday, December 19, 2009

Crazy?

Clay told me a funny story the other night on the way home from our childbirth class. His buddy Bill was warning him that I may stay "crazy pregnant" for a few weeks after baby but that I should return to "normal" pre-pregnancy demeanor a few weeks after getting home. Clay added to this that I really haven't gone "crazy pregnant." I'm just my same old self and enjoying every minute of this experience, even the leg cramps and the lower back pain. So I have to ask, does that mean I started out crazy and Clay is just used to it ;o) Just curious.
I was talking about this at work with Liz and another co-worker Justin and we all had a good laugh because I really haven't ever been "normal" so maybe the "crazy" isn't so bad. Justin and I continued our conversation too to say that when you've gone through any wait with infertility that the "crazy" from that experience makes pregnancy look like a cake walk. (Justin and his wife also went to a reproductive endocrinologist for fertility help. His wife has PCOS too, but now they have wonderful twins. ) So I guess my 15+ month wait and walk through infertility to get pregnant helped with my crazy perspective and I'm loving every minute of this blessing.

No comments: