Monday, January 11, 2010

Game on!

This post has been brewing for a few days and it just continues to grow. Mainly the ideas and thoughts come in the middle of the night, you know the 3am feeding when I am trying desperately to stay awake but get a little girl to go back to sleep after she eats.

It's funny the games you play (okay well maybe it's just me) when you are breastfeeding in the middle of the night. I thought I would share a few of them with you. Maybe you can even play too!!
  • Jukebox repeat: This is when I sing and sing and sing. I end up singing the same songs over and over and over and well you get the point. I sing so much that my voice ends up dry and cracked at times but she seems to like it. We sing EVERYTHING and ANYTHING I can think of. The good ole' nursery songs like Itsy Bitsy Spider, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Mary had a little lamb, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star are big hits. So are the Jesus songs like Jesus loves me and Jesus loves the little children. We have also thrown in a little Father Abraham and the I'm a Christian song. Throw in some You are my sunshine and This little light of mine and we are rockin'. I'm not always sure on some of the words or the 2nd verses but I give it my best and she doesn't seem to mind. Any other songs I could sing?
  • Diaper change Press your luck: This game is where I get a bit lazy and decide I'm going to try to change her diaper without removing the blanket (or onesie) from underneath her. This truly is a game of luck. Sometimes I win and sometimes I'm WHAMMIED (couldn't decide if that should be WHAMMY-ED instead...) and get peed on thus requiring a complete change of clothes and further upsetting Little Bean. It's worth a try once in awhile though for speed.
  • Strip nursing: (Don't worry, I won't request any of you play this game.) This game is played when my hormone heater decides to turn on at the same time the real furnance in the house is running while holding the hot potato baby and sitting in the glider of the nursery which is conveniently (for lack of any other option) sitting next to the register. HOLY HEAT WAVE! First the socks come off. Those I can do without my hands as I use each foot to get the other foot's sock off. Then because I'm already boob out in a nursing tank or sleeping bra there is nothing else to take off the top half so I resort to removing my pants. Yes... it is quite the site to see. I'm just sitting there nursing or rocking her back to sleep in undies and a tank. NICE! HA!
  • Boppy Boggle: Okay so this game you can easily play without removing any of your clothes or getting peed on. Sounds better already huh? You may remember the boppy cover I made for Kenley. It looks like this...Nice and cute right? Well, the letters will drive you nuts at 3am. I sit there and play BOGGLE trying to find as many words as I can to keep my mind busy. It's crazy! It depends on the angle she lays and which side we are eating from but I sit and play and play and play. I can't NOT look for words. I should make the other cover or use the red (back) side of this but it's too addictive.
Well with that said, let's play some Boggle. Only rule I use is that the letter has to be touching the next one and that you can't use the same letter 2x.

Here is the latest 9 letter set I have been staring at:
S E B
T A R
D C S


Here are the words I have made (or made this morning at least). Each time I play I find new words or a new area to play from. Oh my, have I lost it?

Star
Car
Tar
Bar
Bat
Best
Sars (the disease)
Sat
Rat
Be
Rest
Cast
Case
Base
Tea
Are
Cat
Tad
Dab
Beat

Any you see?

2 comments:

Kim said...

okay so we just fed her..

adding

Bear
Bare
Stare

Sherri said...

This is a funny post. I love it!