Not sure if I would have passed Fort Building 101 based on this little "concoction," but I give myself at least a solid B on effort given the materials I quickly found today.
Now those of you that know me, know I don't really like being a B student, but I'm learning to relax a little in my old age (ha!). However, judging by how much Kenley loved our little fort today, I am sure there are many more forts in my future. I hope that with practice I will get more creative and more skilled with my fort building skills. However I will have to figure out how to properly ventilate said forts because let me tell you it was WARM in there, especially when all 3 of us squeezed in.
For now the fort has been torn down, but tomorrow is another day ;o) Any fort building tips to share??
Friday, March 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
a card table with a blanket over it works really well! we have a kids size table and two chairs, so we incorporate the chairs to make a tunnel to get into the tent.
Tizita loves forts and the last few times she has been here we have had to drag out at least a dozen blankets and drape them over the dining room table with tunnels made with chairs for the door. We use clothes pins to hold things in place.
I used to make the girls' fort over the clothes lines outside in the nice weather. And you are right, it gets hot in there. What fun!
Post a Comment