Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Wall: Part 2

After the retaining wall was finished we got the pricing back from the landscaper and it came significantly under what the "bid" had been that we added to the mortgage at closing so we had a bit of a credit. I decided we should spend it and get more professional work done since Clay and I aren't very experienced in the landscaping field. Therefore we decided to do the wall around the patio, specifically for the grill and wind control.We had a few discussions about what we wanted and how Clay and I pictured it and the landscaper got to work. He started last week I think but finished today. (We had some delay getting the gas line in for the grill but all is well.)

Here are the finished pictures (see below) and I couldn't be happier. I think it looks wonderful and strangely enough it actually makes the patio seem bigger. Clay said it feels like an "outdoor room." We are going to have the landscaper also do his magic in between the two walls so that will be all planted and done. We will be getting our sod very soon and then it will look like a yard and not a big dust pit. The rest of the landscaping will wait until the spring but this will be a great start to enjoy this fall.










Oh the "cut-out" area on the one end is where Clay's grill goes. We have to wait a day or two to put it out there so the pavers can settle but it will fit just perfectly. You can see the gas line in the one picture. Now just have to go get the grill cover and we are all set.

2 comments:

Lissa said...

Looks great! I am sure Nathan will approve of the retaining wall. It is quite handsome.

Verna said...

I love it! Looks very lovely, can't wait for him to try out the new area for the grill.:)