Well I'm pretty sure my doctor never thought I would get here but Monday was the 37 week mark. It was my goal all along as I wanted to technically have a "full term" baby. Now that it's here, I'm ready anytime but still know I want to "cook" the baby as long as is needed so we get a healthy stinks 2.0. I go back to the doctor today for my 37 week appt and will be checked again. Baby wasn't crazy about the poking and prodding last time and I was uncomfortable for most of the night so we will see how today's appt goes and if I've made any progress. I can tell it's dropping and it feels so heavy when I stand or even when I sit too long. I'm also getting slightly sick so I'm going to be asking for some meds. No one needs to be sick during pregnancy or even with a newborn in the house so I'm hoping I can kick whatever I'm getting quickly.
As far as predictions, my original guess was today but given my hubby's love of baseball and the fact that his team made it to the World Series, I jokingly say there is a new prediction. I'm sure Baby B will want to come during game 7 of the World Series :) Hopefully the Cards will play well and there won't be a game 7 or baby won't come during the "deciding" game where the Cards win it all but if he/she does, I know we will survive. Just have to DVR the game I guess and try to watch it before hearing any of the news. Not sure Clay's on board with that plan but he will make it work.
I'm hanging in there and getting more anxious by the day to meet this little one and discover if we will have another beautiful princess to spoil or a new handsome little prince. (I'm still hoping for a boy but I know I will be happy regardless and I really love our names, so I can't wait to share them with everyone.)
As always....stay tuned!
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was thinking of you today. Tell Clay we are not too happy about the St. Louis beating the Brewers! We are more Packer fans though anyway. Game seven with a St. Louis win and a new baby, how cool would that be. Might have to switch the name to a St. Louis player, HA. Anyway, good luck with the birth. I will be waiting to hear the news.
Thanks Sherri! One of our previous names for a boy was a name of a Cardinals player from the past but we changed it a few weeks before we made our final decisions. We would love a World Series win and a new baby (I'll take the baby anytime!!) I'm hoping baby comes sometime this week. Dr. keeps saying any day really.
Post a Comment