Well this isn't the post I wanted to write or the picture I wanted to share (see picture at end of post) but life happens I guess. (I added the other pictures to try to make me feel better)
We have this "fountain" toward the entrance of our subdivision. It's actually for the Villas to the south that are part of the neighborhood but it's pretty much the same. Kenley likes to look at the fountain. All winter I would occasionally have to turn the wrong way going home to drive by the fountain. It's empty of course but she is just fascinated by it. Now that the weather has turned we have taken a few short walks to it.
On these walks she likes to get out of the wagon and run around the fountain counting the bushes. The one in front is the baby bush and the ones in back are the mommy and daddy bushes. She also likes to pick out the rocks and look at them. Since there isn't any water in it I don't mind, but I guess tonight I wasn't paying enough attention.
I felt engaged and was helping find pretty rocks but all of the sudden she whined and said "It's hot...ouchie" I hadn't noticed the lights were on in the fountain and she brushed her little finger along one of the cans :( It didn't look bad there and I gave it the required "mommy kiss" and told her she would be fine. We went home and she was still fussy but half of it was that she didn't want to leave the fountain so I didn't pay much attention. (Truth be told I was a little agitated that she was so fussy about it and I was getting hungry and wanted to eat in peace.) However when we got home we discovered that rather than looking at the tip or pad of her finger I should have been looking at the side because she blistered it good :(
It's gotten worse as the night has gone on and I was able to get her to soak it in cold water as well as put some vasoline and a band-aid on it. I'm not sure what else to do so I will have to consult Dr.Google for sure. I'm feeling like a bad mom and wondering when the guilt will go away. Why do I beat myself up for an accident like this and feel like such a bad mother? She will heal and I hope my spirit will too. Until then I just feel horrible.
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, ouch, poor little finger!
Post a Comment