Thursday, May 3, 2012

6 months and a few random things

I totally don't have the brain power for a title tonight but I did want to talk about a few things.

1. This little man is 6 months old today or as we said this morning given the world of important "1/2s" growing up, he is 0 and 1/2 :)
His 6 month check up isn't until next week but I'm guessing he's 19+lbs and 28 inches since we were 18.5lbs and 27.5 inches a few weeks ago.  He is getting the hang of sitting up and has discovered his feet. They are his new favorite toy. He has been going to be around 7pm and sleeps thru the night until about 445 or 5am. Then he is up in his crib babbling and playing with his feet. If I go in there and give him a pacifier or stick him in the swing he will go back to sleep until after 6am which is more the goal. He tolerates his sister's poking and wrestling very well and giggles frequently when she talks to him. He's not much of a napper at the sitter's but makes up for it here sometimes on the weekend. He obviously is a big eater but it's still mostly milk. He is slowly getting the hang of other foods. We've done mostly fruits given our issues with "going" but tonight he scarfed down some sweet potatoes. He still prob prefers those big 8oz bottles.  Here is proof of the sweet potatoes...
2. So today I went to work and had to be productive. I was feeling good getting there and declined one of my meetings to stay at my desk and work on higher priority items. What happens next changed that plan. The network systems went down at 9 and eventually we were told that they would be up around 2pm. Seriously? Not able to do much of anything we all decided to go to lunch at The Pub II. YUM! At least we salvaged part of the day. The only thing that sucks now is that I really do have so much to do that I will be working all day tomorrow (FRI) when I'm only supposed to work until 12 :( BOO!!! Oh well maybe I'll treat myself to something good like a jelly donut to kick the day off right.

3.  I think it's time to potty train Kenley. She has shown interest in the past and randomly would use the potty. Well now she has asked and used the potty 3 nights in a row.  While I would love to have one kid out of diapers I'm not entirely sure where to start. I should have tried last weekend but didn't. I know I want a few days home in a row but don't have any planned time off without plans. Maybe we start this Friday evening and just see what happens.  Keep your fingers crossed that IF and WHEN we get around to it, its a fast and smooth process. Maybe like the 3 day transition to the big girl bed.

4. Just a cute story to share. Last week some night, Kenley and I were taking a walk and the little boy that lives across the street to the west was out and asked if Kenley would "play ball." We stayed for 20 min and they played ball in the yard and chased their cat around. Well I guess today after work when Clay was home the little boy came over and rang the bell and asked if Kenley could come play. We weren't home yet but Clay said it was cute. Although he admitted in his head he was thinking "NO leave my little girl alone" (OH Boy the dating years could be fun!) Later then during bath and bedtime he came again. So cute!

No comments: