Here are a few we missed...
The Friday before last on the way to work I was behind one of our mail trucks. As I sat at the red light looking at it something didn't seem right and then it hit me and I seriously laughed out loud.
Okay so I should have cropped the photo but it says 1-886-COUNTRY. Well 886? HUH? The number is 866-COUNTRY so the truck was totally WRONG. I couldn't believe it. How can we get our own phone number wrong. Who missed that one? I reported it to the correct people (of course I did) and forwarded the photo for a few good laughs. I heard yesterday that there was a truck with a very clean spot on the back and a newly placed 6 :)
That Saturday I took a few pictures but nothing fun. The best I have for you is Clay putting together Kenley's new carseat. We bought her 2 new seats (1 for each car) and they convert from carseat to high back booster to backless booster so she can use them as she grows. We really like them and I got them with some 20% off coupons so that helped too! Chasey got her old seats, so now he too is a big boy. No more baby carrier (It was way too heavy!!!)
Then Sunday we had a big day. We went to the park that morning in hopes to wear Kenley out for an early nap. We were leaving around 330 for Springfield for my MIL's Mother/Daughter banquet at church. Kenley loved the park. She just ran around yelling "I'm having fun!" It was the cutest thing. Chase and I hung out on the blanket together and watched Clay and Kenley play.
After we got home and ate lunch we tried for a nap. It was around 1 but Kenley had other ideas. At 3pm she was still awake. I then decided just to load her in the car and maybe she would sleep on the hour or so drive there and then I would just read in the parking lot or drive around while she slept. Again she had other plans on the way there and stayed awake. I'm pretty sure she only stayed awake by asking questions. I must have heard the same questions a zillion times. "Where are we going? What are we watching? Are we there yet?" It was definitely a broken record but I tried to stay positive.
We enjoyed the banquet and Kenley really liked the music. She danced and clapped her little heart out. Then on the way home I swore she would crash but again proved me wrong 95% of the way home. The final 10 minutes as I exited the interstate she finally crashed. It was 845pm and the girl had been up since about 645am. What a champ!
I will admit I didn't take any pictures Monday. We were swamped at work and I was feeling overwhelmed. I had taken my laptop home to do some over the weekend but didn't feel like it so I had more to do that I would have liked. Then I didn't get it done so had to work Monday night from 9-11pm. Oh well. Should have taken a picture of me trying to stay awake that late. HA! Then that Tuesday was just as crazy.
Wed- I had one of the moments I like the most when I get to watch Kenley play at the sitter's before she sees me. Then when she sees me, she comes running. One of my favoite things of course.
I also really enjoy watching her with her friends. She is so sweet and makes sure that everyone gets their hug befoe we leave. Here she is saying goodbye to Emily.
Thursday was low key. Most days we don't have a lot of time after work befoer bed. But this was a great game Kenley created. She was picking up an apple by the steam with the fork and shaking it. It was the most exciting game of the day. (Sorry my weird foot made it in the pictures)
This past Friday I went back to the dentist and got my $900 tooth. Does that make me royalty now that I have a crown?
Later that day, we went to my mom's banquet at her church and had a great time. Kenley again proved me wrong and stayed a awake all the way home. She was busy looking for "sleeping cows." She is such a stinker!!!
I did skip pictures this past Saturday but it was another big day! We went to the park. We've been checking out all the parks around town. We went to a new park over by work and it was pretty nice. Kenley loves all of the parks so we are touring all of the great parks around town. Then we had lunch at McDonald's and got haircuts. Kenley is getting so close to sitting in the chair by herself but for now she does great on my lap. I wish we didn't have to cut her hair so often so it would get some length but the curls tangle when they start to get longer.
Wow that's a lot of updating but we have one more day.....Mother's Day!!
We had both sets of parents up for a cookout and Kenley had a fabulous day, actually we ALL did. One of my favorite pictures not featuring my kiddos was this one...
Now some of my favorite pics with my kiddos...
Hold on.. 2 more days to go....
Yesterday well no picture. This momma was in for a long day. Kenley woke with a fever at 4am and I'm pretty sure she wanted to be held from 7am until after 11. We went to the doctor but it was just considered to be viral. She couldn't keep any meds down but we finally broke the fever and she took a 3 hour nap to catch up on sleep and was good to go. We kept her home today still with Grandma Verna and I think she is almost as good as new.
Today I'm cheating and using a picture Clay took (It counts!) It's of Chasey.... can't believe how fast he is growing. He now sits really well all by himself. He weighs 20lbs and he is about 28inches. He's falling in the upper 80th percentile range for everything. He is perfectly proportioned :) He's just perfect to me!
Okay there you have it... more than a week of pictures in a one shot picture-palooza of cuteness and fun (well at least the ones with the kids).
2 comments:
I didn't get any pictures today, but a few great laughs with her. We had a great time, and when she told you on the phone that she really had a good day. Well that really made my day!
Loved the picture update. Such cute kids and such great memories. I think I may be breaking rules, I put photos up with a post each day, but the pictures are not necessarily from that day. My life is too boring for that! At any rate, it is fun.
Post a Comment