Thursday, May 31, 2012

Where's Waldo Kim?

I'm still here but man oh man it seems like I'm not with it most of the time lately. For those of you that know me best I tend to be a bit of a perfectionist. I usually think you have to do everything at 100% and lately it's getting the best of me. I do have a separate blog post I've been meaning to write forever that talks about "accepting that 80%" is good enough but the more I try to tell myself this lately the more I feel like I'm not even achieving 10% of what I want. Work has been busy and life here has been busy too. Potty training, although going well overall, has been stressful and Kenley has been super clingy and whiny. I don't know if it's just the age or if it's because of the change with potty training. Hmmm....

With regards to potty training she does great for us but needs more direction at the sitter's. Prob makes sense since there are more distractions there. I'm slightly annoyed with them as they feel the need to make her wear 2 pairs of training undies. I'm about to send her in real ones and just tell them to deal with it.  Last weekend we even spent 3 days at the campground and she did excellent, including on the long drive there and back, surely 2 adults (Miss Sharon is back for the summer) can handle it. She's the only one potty training at this time. Oh well, it's only been 2 weeks and we are in this for the long haul.

Chase has been good and slept well at the campground after a few weeks of waking up multiple times a night (making for a tired mommy which prob adds to me not feeling like I'm even at 10%) He's back somehow to wanting to eat at 4am but he's quick so I do it and just go back to bed. I figure if he goes to bed at 7pm he needs a 4am snack.  We started giving him big boy baths and Kenley has started joining him. They both seem to enjoy it. He also has his first tooth (actually his first 2)coming in. The bottom left one is now visible and you can feel it. He is just growing too fast!!! Oh speaking of that he also pushes up and then moves his rump but ends up scooting backwards. I'm sure crawling will be coming this summer before we know it. What happened to my baby boy?

I am taking pictures here and there now and I'm not ready to give the idea up since I feel guilt when I quit but I may have to start a new or "revise" my approach. I've considered taking longer hiatuses from blogging too so I can focus on things around the Hotel Brockman but things this week are falling back in place (thanks to my rockstar husband) so I will try to post as much as possible.

I do want to share a few pics from the last week. We enjoyed a nice long weekend at the campground and had a blast. We are looking forward to going back. Both kids loved the golf cart and the outside time. Next time the big pool will be open which I'm sure will be a splash! I didn't take any pictures but the in-laws did if you want to check out their blog.

Here are some of my recent pics...

Bathtime fun together :)
 This one just makes me smile because Chasey just looks like a little man. So cute!
 Chasey is also standing more on his chubby legs.
And like I said, we scoot backwards... here is where we started
and here is where we ran out of room :)

No comments: