Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Big Boy Bath and WTH is on her chin?

Because he has been sitting up so well by himself lately, I decided it was time to try the big boy bath sans tub. He wasn't sure what to think at first and just held his toes in the water. I did give him a duck to play with as well. He seemed to like laying down when I washed his hair and kicked a bit but I could tell he was ready to get out before too long. Just one more baby item we've outgrown. He's growing up too fast!
Now as for Kenley... She's had the start of a rash or some sort of irritation on her chin for the past week. Last Thur at Chase's appt the Dr glanced and just said to treat it with vasoline as it was irritation from wiping her mouth all the time and her sensitive skin. Then Monday when she was sick was a little worse but nothing horrible. Yesterday it started to look like bad acne and today they look like broken blisters. I don't know if I should take her to the doctor or not. Has anyone seen anything like this before?
There's even one on the edge of her nose. She doesn't seemed to be bothered by them but I think she picks at them too, esp the ones in the corner of her mouth because she feels them with her tongue. I've been doing vasoline and I'm not sure what's going on. Tomorrow is also my doctor's day off and I'd rather see her than anyone else so I may ride it out one more day... Here's hoping they are just magically gone in the morning!

2 comments:

Verna said...

Did any more appear on her body? They look worse then they did Tuesday. Tuesday they reminded me of chicken pox spots. Hope she isn't getting your skin problems

Sherri said...

I was thinking chicken pox, too especially since you said they look like blisters. Does she have them anywhere else on her body?