Friday, October 24, 2008

That ovulation calendar

I was looking at gadgets to add for the side of the post and I wanted a calendar. Whether it was
to count the days I have survived or to count the days ahead I don't know. I ideally wanted a calendar I could add notes on. It seems this "trying to get pregnant" business is all about tracking. Tracking your last menstrual cycle, tracking the last day you had sex, tracking the last time you took provera, tracking the last sane thought you had in your head. Okay I made that last one up but still. However, I ran across that ovulation calendar and I thought, "well, even if I don't ovulate, it will show me the date." The part that drives me the most crazy is the cycle length. It only goes to 35. I hate that number.... what about those of us that have a longer cycle. Maybe some folks are regular but still only have a period 6 times a year. Their cycle length would be what 60 days. My doctor said she would be happy if I had a cycle on my own every 90 days. Where am I in that little "cycle length" they so conveniently put there for me to use? Guess it just goes to serve as further evidence I am anything but "typical."

No comments: