Thursday, April 2, 2009

I don't get it (and apparently neither does my body)

This morning I went in for a quick sono. It is day 15 and we were on the hunt for mature follicles that could indicate an impending ovulation. However today we were unlucky. I could tell almost immediately that the news wouldn't be good but I let the tech finish....it's all a blur.... 28 on the right...30 something on the left.... all small....
I didn't expect much when the nurse called but I did expect more than I got. She said I had one on the right measuring 8x7 and one on the left measuring 10x6. Nowhere near maturity. What came next was even more confusing.... "Well," she said. "We aren't sure if you didn't do well this cycle or if you have already ovulated and the follicles are collapsing." What? Not sure? Aren't you the trained professionals? I can take a guess and tell you that I didn't respond and nothing matured this month. I can feel it. I know it based on my screwed up temps. I know it based on the fact that just 9 days ago (on day 6 when the dr. did an impromptu sono) he said there was "nothing significant" going on. I doubt that in 9 days I went from "nothing significant" to a fully mature follicle, ovulated, and then collapsed the follicle. That's just not how this body works.
Well regardless (please note I did not say irregardless as that is NOT a word and drives me absolutely insane when used) we "proceed under the assumption I have already ovulated." What a waste and a pain when I know in my heart I didn't. SO we do the timed intercourse, check. Add prometrium (those creamy pains in my ...) check. AND then take another test that I am bound to fail. CHECK MATE! We won't be doing blood this time around given (and I quote) it would be like "taking a shot in dark" since we aren't sure when you ovulated. Isn't this whole process a "shot in the dark?" AND if I have already ovulated then what good will the intercourse do now? I am just very confused and don't understand. I was so pleased at the positive response I had last month and filled with hope. That pleasantness seems to be gone and all I'm left with is questions. Questions and lots of time....

No comments: