Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Life is a highway...but infertility is a cross country adventure

I read quite a few blogs, some written by people I know and others from those I don't. Many of the blogs I read written by people I don't personally know deal with infertility. One of my regular blogs is called "Mrs. Spit Spouts Off."

This blog is the story of a lady from Canada who was once pregnant. God's plan was to take her sweet angel to heaven early, so now she loves a baby she is unable to physically hold. She is trying to have another baby and struggling with "unknown" fertility issues. Today she gave a great metaphor (I think that is the right term) about the ride an infertile couple experiences. In a post entitled You can't divide by zero she says..."The ride of infertility is a long one, with many exit points. The problem is, none of them seem to be clearly marked. Perhaps we ride around and around, and for some of us, I think maybe we fall off in exhaustion at some point."

I see this in so many of the women writing blogs. The unknown, the confusion, the round and round of cycle after cycle, the desperate holding on to hope, the struggles to figure out when to exit, finding the right thing for you and your family, the right way to keep your dreams but face reality and accept God's plan for your life, the endless questions.

So I write my blog. It clears my head and captures my heart as Clay and I keep moving, praying I don't get tired or too dizzy.

No comments: