Saturday, September 26, 2009

Headline reads "Ninja baby attempts to kick Kitty's butt!"

I had been waiting for this moment. The kicks from who I sometimes refer to as "ninja baby" have been getting stronger and more frequent. Last night Clay swore ninja baby was working out in there ;o)
I couldn't sleep last night so around 4am I was up. I decided to lay out in Big Brown (the recliner) rather than toss and turn in the bed and take the chance of annoying Clay since he has a big day today (roofing). I curled up and tried to get comfy. Within minutes Kitty was there to join me. Now reclined I have some of a lap for her to lay on. She curled up with her butt against my round stomach and got comfy. Soon her "rattle" began. She has a great vibrating purr when she is happy and content (and a fierce hiss when she is not). She and I lay there in the darkness and I could feel the purring against the bottom of my tummy. Sure enough, someone else felt it (or heard it) too!!!
As I lay there I had to giggle. The ninja baby was awake and kicking Kitty in the butt right in the spot where the purrs were.
The judges are out as to whether the baby liked the purring and was petting Kitty with me or if he/she was upset by the early morning disruptions. However, I choose to think more positively as we were all three soon asleep and peaceful cuddled in the chair.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a cute post and story!!! Thanks for sharing!