Saturday, September 5, 2009

Our 20 week appt and more

Yesterday was our 20 week appointment with the Dr. I forgot about needing to provide a urine sample and had gone to the bathroom before leaving the house (a common practice when pregnant and not). It was difficult to muster up (or out) anything for the cup but I made it. Then they somehow misplaced my chart so we just sat and sat in the waiting room until they called the person with the appointment after mine and saw me still waiting there. Finally headed back to the room, we stopped by the scale. A round 184.6...WOW! She is still okay with my weight gain but I'm approaching my "goal limit" a bit quickly. My blood pressure was still good at 114/70 and the doctor was quickly in to see us. The coolest part of any appointment is listening to the heartbeat. A steady 160bpm or so she said. We then had a few questions for the Dr this time. I asked about taking a "FIT MOMMY" class through the hospital and she approved. (I needed a Dr note to sign up. That class starts Tue and I'm excited.) We also discussed the flu shot. She is an advocate of pregnant women getting their flu shot but she said to make sure I get the right one. (Later the nurse was supposed to call with the name of the right one but she didn't so I guess I will call next week.) We did not discuss the H1N1 shot so I will be getting just the regular shot. (Sorry no update for your great discussion on FB Sherri.) Other than that she looked over our sono results from last week and said everything looked GREAT and we were off.

On a different note(s), I did call the hospital yesterday afternoon to sign up for FIT MOMMY and while on the line we went ahead and signed up for Car Seat Safety, Mommy and Me, and the primary Childbirth class. Those will all be in December as we get closer to our due date. In addition, our weekend plans changed so Clay is going to paint the nursery this weekend and we can hang the curtains. FUN FUN FUN!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

When does your Fit Mommy class start? I might be interested in that once I get past the 12 week mark. You'll have to let me know how it goes!

Kim said...

Fit Mommy starts this coming Tue and its Tue and Thursday nights for an hour. I thought about the yoga class you took but remembered you said they never started on time and its like 1.5hour or more. That would drive me crazy not starting and finishing on time. Right now I'm just signed up for Sept but I'll let you know if it extends to the next month and how I like it.