Tuesday, November 10, 2009

30 weeks

Oh my! If we go to our due date we only have 10 weeks left. 10 weeks! Why does that sound so soon? That's 70 days... hmm... that doesn't make it sound any further away. WOW! I don't have any pictures this week although I considered going to every 2 weeks for belly pics these last few weeks but I decided I'd wait to do that until the last month.

According to BC this week, Little Bean is approximately 16 inches long and weighs almost 3lbs. That is about the same as a large head of cabbage. His/her eyesight is continuing to develop but when born he/she will only see 20/400. Geez! Get that kid a pair of glasses. Guess they can respond to changes in light but only see things mere inches from their faces. Not a lot of changing going on right now with the little one. Just time to pack on the fat and plump up for entry into the world.

On my front, I think I have blown my nose no less than 10 million times in the past 24 hours. As noted in the previous post, I am suffering with some seriously messed up sinuses right now and there isn't anything to take. I've been drinking lots of warm decaf tea with honey and that helps a bit. With regards to what BC says about being 30 weeks pregnant I may be feeling a bit more tired and have trouble sleeping lately. If the sinuses weren't going haywire, I have been sleeping relatively well but with lots of bathroom breaks and adjustments to get my hips comfy. I think I'm up to no less than 6 pillows on my side of the bed to prop up in the wee hours of the morn when I can't stand sleeping on my side any longer. Soon, I fear there won't be any room for Clay in the bed ;o) BC also helped me solve a mystery. Baby's favorite spot in front toward the right side of my stomach is probably due to the placement of the rump. I'm envisioning something like this picture.
Although we don't know for sure if the baby is head down yet, I assume at moments like that it is. I like to give Little Bean a little poke at that time and I hope I'm poking a butt instead of a head. Otherwise my little baby may have a dented head. Hmm...

We go to the doctor on Friday for our 30 week appt. Then due to our roadtrip to TX we won't go back until 33 weeks (since we will be gone over the 32 week mark and its Thanksgiving week anyway.)

As always... stay tuned for that update on Friday. I think we may be breaking the 200lb mark.

No comments: