I am a huge Sex and the City fan. I just love the show. I love it so much I have been through the whole box set of the series 3 times and I'm contemplating watching them through again after my insurance test. We have also been catching the re-runs on TBS or WGN at night before bed. Sometimes I don't like to watch them on TV, not because they cut out the boobs and nudity, but because they cut out entire plot lines or stories. You really miss some of the backstory to have to watch them on TV. Well the last two nights we have watched them and it annoys me that the first one on from 9-930 doesn't correspond to the one on from 930-10. But the one on at 9 today will correspond to the one on at 9 tomorrow so I guess I shouldn't complain since I should go to bed at 930 anyway.... okay back to the question. Will I turn into Charlotte?
The episodes I am currently watching are the ones where Charlotte and Trey are trying to have a baby. Charlotte is "reproductively challenged" as she says. She talks of trying to conceive using all the different positions by saying they had done it with her on top, her on bottom, her on top and then the bottom, and so on. She is baby obsessed and eager to conceive. Since I have seen all the episodes I know the story proceeds as she has more "speedbumps" to where she needs the fertility shots. Trey gives her the shots every night but wonders if its too much at times. Her moods swing up and down and she has a rough time of it. Later in the series when her and Harry (whom I love) try to have a baby she even tries acupuncture (sounds like me.) I know Charlotte conceives but they end up losing the baby. Will I lose a child after getting pregnant? I don't want to be negative or fear the worse but with PCOS and a hormone imbalance I think it would be a possibility. (I've read the tendency to have a miscarriage is greater with PCOS.) How devastating would that news be? (sidebar: I read other blogs about mothers who have lost their children either in the womb or shortly after birth and it breaks my heart to read their anguish. I pray they find peace and comfort. )
However, I know in the end Charlotte and Harry end up with a beautiful little girl Lily that they adopt from China and from the movie I know there is even more of a happy ending when they have sweet baby Rose naturally. So there is hope. I may end up like Charlotte and in all honesty I can say it really wouldn't be that bad. Her journey had those "speedbumps and roadblocks" that I fear are ahead but the she got there in the end and so will I.
However, I know in the end Charlotte and Harry end up with a beautiful little girl Lily that they adopt from China and from the movie I know there is even more of a happy ending when they have sweet baby Rose naturally. So there is hope. I may end up like Charlotte and in all honesty I can say it really wouldn't be that bad. Her journey had those "speedbumps and roadblocks" that I fear are ahead but the she got there in the end and so will I.
No comments:
Post a Comment