Saturday, December 6, 2008

I am a magnificent mess!

Today my Aunt Rachel came to visit and we went to the Immanuel Bible Foundation Women's Christmas Celebration. The guest speaker was Julie Barnhill, and she was excellent. She is a Christian speaker and delivers her message with a quirky style and humorous take on life. Today she spoke of women. We are all a mess. In fact we are all a magnificent mess (as that is the way that God intentionally made us). We are all or nothing and bring it upon ourselves. One of the best things to resolve this is to realize that we don't have it together and we don't have to. So, I want to try to remember that "I am a magnificent mess and it's okay not to have it all together."

Julie's presentation today was taped and will air a few times on tv later this month. I want to tape it and watch it again. She also has a few books (7 in fact) and I think I may try to read a few of them. Some of them deal with motherhood and those may be helpful for me in the future when we do have children. One of the interesting ones in "One Tough Mother." It says even tough mothers deal with depression, communication, stress, and anger. I also want to read the book Val recommended called "Parenting: from surviving to thriving." I need to make a note to buy those......

No comments: